Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Left Ballast Bag won't Drain

Ripken

I just got my boat out of winter storage and the left ballast bag will fill but not drain.  I've switched the main fuse on/off several times but doesn't help with the issue.  I unscrewed the pump and it looks fine.  The only problem we see is that the hose to the ballast bag has some minor leakage.  Would this effect the pumps ability to drain the ballast bag?  And if so, how do you replace the hose as it appears to be sealed very tightly.  Thanks.

Did the ballast drain when you unscrewed the pump?  and by unscrewed the pump can you be a little more specific?  Did you unscrew the blue retainer ring, and pop out the pump cartridge?  the ballast pumps are kinda a regular maintenance item.

there are also separate fuses for each ballast pump, under the dash.  There are several threads on here about how to find them, but there are black fuse boxes under your dash, and should be labeled for each pump, and accessory.  Its possible its just a blown fuse, but that is usually a sign of a bad pump, or one on the way out.