Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Malibu Sunscape 23 LSV w/Monsoon 340 “Check Eng” at idle

I recently started to get an intermittent (the worst kind)  “Check Eng” fault while idling and the engine goes into limp mode.  I’m able to clear the fault by turning the engine off/on.  Sometimes one on/off cycle will clear it.  Other times it will come back 2-3 times in a row. It seems to happen mostly after the engine is at operating temps and it’s been idling conditions for a period of time.  Like while maneuvering into the slip after idling through the No Wake Zone.  Once I get it anywhere above idle, the boat runs great, with all temps and pressures normal.  This problem began to show itself after I had a dead battery.  Could it be related to the dead battery?)

Being an ‘06, I’ve not found a way to pull up any fault codes on the panel.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the cause or what to watch to help diagnose/troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks in advance .

1 hour ago, Davews said:

I recently started to get an intermittent (the worst kind)  “Check Eng” fault while idling and the engine goes into limp mode.  I’m able to clear the fault by turning the engine off/on.  Sometimes one on/off cycle will clear it.  Other times it will come back 2-3 times in a row. It seems to happen mostly after the engine is at operating temps and it’s been idling conditions for a period of time.  Like while maneuvering into the slip after idling through the No Wake Zone.  Once I get it anywhere above idle, the boat runs great, with all temps and pressures normal.  This problem began to show itself after I had a dead battery.  Could it be related to the dead battery?)

Being an ‘06, I’ve not found a way to pull up any fault codes on the panel.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the cause or what to watch to help diagnose/troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks in advance .

How long has it been since you did a full tune up (including plug wires)?

You can build a data cable and read the engine data yourself to see what's going on.