Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 M240 Can't Stop Engine Alone

Ive notice an odd finding. Boat starts up and runs fine but in order to turn off the engine I have to actually shut down the entire system rather than just kill the engine.  The start button ( which works fine on start up with the 4 digit code) does nothing to turn off the engine.  I read someone else had this issues and they needed to correct the Hull ID in the system.  I did note mine was not entered correctly but fixing that did nothing for the start/stop 

Following… I just had this happen the last time out.  Before that everything was working fine with the start/stop.  I’m in a 22 m220.  I had to use the system power button to turn off the engine, but starting it works with with the start/stop button.  I tried power cycling as well as turning the battery switch off for a bit with no luck.  

I had this issue intermittently on my 2021 and also on my 2022.  Last year, the switch was replaced and the issue disappeared.  I have verified that the connections on my start/stop button are good.  It may just be a cheap part.

9 hours ago, Slayer said:

I had this issue intermittently on my 2021 and also on my 2022.  Last year, the switch was replaced and the issue disappeared.  I have verified that the connections on my start/stop button are good.  It may just be a cheap part.

Only cheap till you have to buy one. image.png.fcf9ca400ea5edf123f9cfd0b6165125.png

I have the opposite problem on occasion if I hit a rogue wave the whole electrical system turned off even the engine on my 2015 23LSV. I replaced the power switch just before I sold the boat as far as I know it has not malfunction for the new owner. Wish I found this wire kit before I ordered just the switches and did the soldering myself, what a pain to do. 

06DA1AE1-B9F2-4A53-8EB8-24FD646C9934.jpeg