Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PTM surf rack load capacity?

dalt1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:38 AM, dalt1 said:

3CABC6B7-65F1-45AC-A421-062EA921250F.jpeg

NIce!  Is it attached to the bimini also?  I would like something to carry my surf foil but afraid it will swing around and slice something up!

Anyone put surf foils in these racks?

On 6/21/2022 at 8:01 PM, Ronnie said:

We carry a surf foil and surfboard on one side of the clamping racks.

Do you have a picture?

4 hours ago, Gene3x said:

Do you have a picture?

I've never taken one but it's just a surf foil in a PTM clamping rack. Next time out I'll try to remember to take a pic.

4 hours ago, Gene3x said:

NIce!  Is it attached to the bimini also?  I would like something to carry my surf foil but afraid it will swing around and slice something up!

Anyone put surf foils in these racks?

Not attached to Bimini but I am probably going to make another support to go in the upper rack mount holes to support the T bar when bimini  is not out. 

24 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I've never taken one but it's just a surf foil in a PTM clamping rack. Next time out I'll try to remember to take a pic.

Do you put any extra help to secure it other than the clamping pressure? I use an old belt and buckle from old life jacket to keep ski from rotating out of rack. 

20 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Do you put any extra help to secure it other than the clamping pressure? I use an old belt and buckle from old life jacket to keep ski from rotating out of rack. 

No, never had an issue. The clamping racks hold it fine.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:38 AM, dalt1 said:

3CABC6B7-65F1-45AC-A421-062EA921250F.jpeg

Not sure on the load capacity, but It looks like you have the old style.  I have both and although the old version has only 2” of board capacity it appears they are better built and way less flimsy/more load capacity .  I could be mistaken but even my son who is 14 said the same thing.  It could be the mounting brackets but regardless the appear way better built.   If my foil board would fit in the old style I would prefer mounting it there.

uLukcYZl.jpg