Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best money I have spent on something for the boat in a long time...

gregtay

I have one as well, even 3D printed a block the same size as my iPhone to mount it in the dash phone holder. I haven't used it but once since it basically does the same thing as the phone. Maybe mounting it on the passenger side it would get more use.

I thought about putting it somewhere in the back to make it even easier to access (mounted on the inside of the tower leg would be a great place).. but I am not sure how waterproof it is.  I am sure a splash or two would be fine, but probably not something you want a ton of water getting on (boards dripping, etc.) 

• 3 weeks later...

They won't ship to Canada yet :(

It's on sale at the moment for $49.99 too!!

Anyone want to pick this up for me and I'll send you the coin to buy it and ship it my way?

This is really interesting setup. I like it, unfortunately I am a Youtube Music Subscriber (formally Google Music). I haven't found any other alternatives or solutions that look as nice as the Spotify Carthing, but wouldwork with other audio apps. I suppose you can mirror, your phone to a tablet or another type of infotainment screen... but the idea that its dedicated to only the music app is nice.

Well, mine arrived and looked like it had been mauled by bears.  The shipping box was completely crushed, and the actual inside box with the Car Thing was destroyed too.  I held out hope that the device wasn’t damaged, but damn - the screen is cracked all the way across in multiple places and it is dead on arrival.  Unfortunately Spotify is a total PITA to deal with, and for some reason the package is not eligible to start a claim with UPS (with zero explanation why).  Looks like I’m just gonna make a dispute with my cc company because I’m not in the mood for a month long runaround trying to get the damn thing replaced, with return shipping on me to boot.  It’s too bad what has become of customer service these days - nonexistent, with everything forced onto the customer.  It’s only $50 for god sake - I provided all the pics before I opened the box and when I tried to power it on, and it is obvious to anyone that is was damaged by the shipper and the packaging was terrible.  They already have my credit card info - they should be expediting one to me and if I don’t return the damaged one then charge my card.  Screw it - I was looking forward to it but I don’t need a list of chores to deal with now.  Too bad because it seems like a cool little toy.

Edited by Leftlane
On 7/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, Leftlane said:

Well, mine arrived and looked like it had been mauled by bears.  The shipping box was completely crushed, and the actual inside box with the Car Thing was destroyed too.  I held out hope that the device wasn’t damaged, but damn - the screen is cracked all the way across in multiple places and it is dead on arrival.  Unfortunately Spotify is a total PITA to deal with, and for some reason the package is not eligible to start a claim with UPS (with zero explanation why).  Looks like I’m just gonna make a dispute with my cc company because I’m not in the mood for a month long runaround trying to get the damn thing replaced, with return shipping on me to boot.  It’s too bad what has become of customer service these days - nonexistent, with everything forced onto the customer.  It’s only $50 for god sake - I provided all the pics before I opened the box and when I tried to power it on, and it is obvious to anyone that is was damaged by the shipper and the packaging was terrible.  They already have my credit card info - they should be expediting one to me and if I don’t return the damaged one then charge my card.  Screw it - I was looking forward to it but I don’t need a list of chores to deal with now.  Too bad because it seems like a cool little toy.

I just got mine as well. Box was smashed but luckily it didn't damaged the Carthing. 

• 3 weeks later...