Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can’t see GPS data on map screen

I have a 2019 22MXZ and it’s not showing gps data info on the map screen. I can see the gps coordinates on the setting screen. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

9347B321-22E6-43F0-B7A4-A319DD3F8269.jpeg

3E5B9A0C-7D75-4536-A58C-A07317490A3A.jpeg

You may need to install the optional GPS map antenna.  The factory installed option is a small GPS puck located on the dash between the upper touch screen and the windshield.  It connects to the viper control box located on the helm bulkhead which is behind the bow flip-up seat storage bin and just above the subwoofer box and/or the optional cabin heater.  There is also an SD card slot on the Viper control box where a Navionics map card can be inserted. 

I do have the small GPS puck located where you’ve described. The build sheet on the boat says it has “Zero Off w/Navigation-Chart Plotting”. I recently purchased a Navionics + card and insert it into the map card slot. 

Anything else you think I should check or try?

Thanks!

3AF7AC68-80C4-41B4-A6EA-4BE157A94998.png

ahopkins22LSV

I am not sure on the 2019 OS, but in the 2020+ OS you need to enable location tracking on the android settings. This is for an app downloaded to the android software, but it might be worth checking. It is step #10 of in the post linked below. The Zero Off puck is just for speed control. Not navigation tracking.