Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu VLX vs VTX

RA4fish

It probably depends on what MY you are looking at, but in general the VTX is better. I think you would need to decide if you want to "Surf in comfort" and occasionally ski" or you want to "mostly ski and surf when the lake gets rough". It also depends on your slalom abilities. If you are a course skier, i'd lean toward VTX. Open water, maybe the VLX would be a better fit. I'd say the one of the big reasons would be weight for some of the newer boats. New VLX is 4900 LBS, my 2004 LSV is 2900 and the VTXs are in the 3500-3600 range. Tons of posts on here regarding the subject. My only direct experience is I had a '13 VTX and the ski wake was reasonable for a V-Drive. hands down my "new" 04 LSV is better than the '13 VTX.

(Page 5 has some awesome videos)

Edited by rakr
  • Like 2