Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

‘15 Axis T23 surf gate stuck open

My left side surf gate got stuck open the other day, and I need help troubleshooting please. Here’s what I have done so far:

1. Going through calibration and service modes doesn’t help

2. Removed control module and cleaned corrosion from contacts

3. Unplugged and swapped left gate and right gate from the module. Right gate still works, left gate does not

4. Used a battery to apply power directly to the actuator. Gate opens and closes depending on polarity

5. Measured voltage on the control module connector while using service and calibration modes. Voltage is 12.5V and changes polarity 

6. Measured resistance on the actuators. Right side (known good) was 0.2 ohms and left side was 0.5 ohms

I haven’t found any fuses, and I have only found one cube relay. I see some people talking about a 4 pack or 6 pack relay, but where would that be? One thing I haven’t done is verify operation of the single cube relay, but I don’t even know what it does (probably energizes the control module) because I can’t find a wiring diagram. 
Were all these boats wired the same? TIA

With everything connected normal, when you calibrate the gates, do you hear the actuator trying to close?  If not, i would suspect you have a reed switch or reed switch wiring issue.  Since you can apply power directly to the actuator, I would not suspect the actuator.  Since you can swap the right/left leads and you are able to control the right (with the left wiring), I would not immediately suspect the relay pack either.  Take a peep at this thread...

6 hours ago, Texan32 said:

With everything connected normal, when you calibrate the gates, do you hear the actuator trying to close?  If not, i would suspect you have a reed switch or reed switch wiring issue.  Since you can apply power directly to the actuator, I would not suspect the actuator.  Since you can swap the right/left leads and you are able to control the right (with the left wiring), I would not immediately suspect the relay pack either.  Take a peep at this thread...

I appreciate the reply, but I’m almost certain that my 2015 doesn’t use this setup. I’m pretty sure my actuators plug into the control module harness, and there is nothing in between. 

Darn!  You are correct.  Looking at a pic of a new one, it appears to be a 2-wire setup.  

Have you checked this thread?  Seems to be some good info in there!