Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Viper 2 7" Screen Replacement

I tried searching for this topic and came up empty but I'm sure it's already been discussed at length...

I have a 2015 Malibu 22VLX. The 7" screen is starting to delam and becoming occasionally glitchy. I'm looking into replacements. My local dealer said that Malibu has come out with an upgraded screen but they don't have any experience with it so don't know how "upgraded" it is. And they don't know whether it fixes the delamination issue. They are saying it's $4700 (CAN) plus programming and taxes. I'm choking at the price. 

What I'm wondering, is if anyone here has heard of the 'Upgraded' screen and if they know what is upgraded? Is it worth the extra money or should I try and pick up one of the originals knowing that it will have problems again in a few yearrs? Thanks.

Mine was flickering sometimes and stereo would stop playing. Had the screen replaced under warranty. Same issue. I also replaced the connection between the big screen and the small screen. Same issue. Turned out it was the join connection under the Audio amps panel. I opened the connector and spread each connection so the fit snug when reconnected together.  No more issue.

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2022 at 11:16 PM, Patrice Forest said:

Mine was flickering sometimes and stereo would stop playing. Had the screen replaced under warranty. Same issue. I also replaced the connection between the big screen and the small screen. Same issue. Turned out it was the join connection under the Audio amps panel. I opened the connector and spread each connection so the fit snug when reconnected together.  No more issue.

What and where is the "join connection"?  Is this were the amp is mounted -- the board under the observer seat?  Remove that board?  I am having issues with my Viper II touch screen and also the radio just turning off.  Seems to turn off when at higher speeds .. may due to higher amps/volts being generated by engine.  I dont know. Thanks