Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge bolt back on help, how tight?

Hi everyone,

I’ve got an 06 23LSV with a power wedge that I had to get repaired. Can anyone tell me how tight I get the bolts when putting it back on? Is there a specific torque or anything?

Thanks!

If you are talking specifically about the wedge pivot bolts, you don’t want to tighten them or the nuts all of the way down to the metal. On my 2010 the bolts rotated with the assembly. Any metal to metal contact (bolt to wedge, wedge to nut or wedge arms to wedge base) and the wedge would bind and stop moving. I centered everything up and tightened the nuts flush to the end of the bolt threads. Best bet is to assemble everything without the rams being attached and swing it through its arc to check for binding. Then put the rams on. May be different on an ‘06, but I doubt it.