Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PCV valve Monsoon 340

On the left is the PCV Valve that was in the boat when I got it. The one on the right is what Ski Dim sent me. The one on the left it just an elbow, no valve. The one from Ski Dim has a mechanism/valve in it. 

Anyone have insight into which one I should be running? Either? I’m inclined to say the one on the boat now isn’t correct as the maintenance directions say to change it after a certain number of hours. Can’t see why a piece of plastic would fail. 

DB09F397-1FA3-476C-93C5-BDD1B59D946B.jpeg

There is likely a similar fitting on each valve cover and I suspect that one is just a plastic elbow and the other is a PCV valve.  On Indmar 340 monsoon v-drive engines I have seen, the PCV on the port side valve cover, but that is on engines about 8-10 years newer than yours, so I don't know how similar they would be to your engine. 

Uuuummmmm yeah. I’m an idiot. The PCV valve is on the STBD side of the valve cover. The plastic elbow is on the port. Thanks. 

On 6/12/2022 at 5:53 PM, rakr said:

Uuuummmmm yeah. I’m an idiot. The PCV valve is on the STBD side of the valve cover. The plastic elbow is on the port. Thanks. 

Hey I’m having same deal with location of PCV valve on my Monsoon 340 is there any chance you have photos of valve covers with PCV valve? So the STBD has the PCV valve which connects by the injectors correct? Then on the other side is it just that 90 degree plastic? If so where does that connect to on the port side boat dealer took motor apart and I did not get to see where it went before. 

On 6/12/2022 at 5:53 PM, rakr said:

If you have any photos of your motor put together that would be greatly appreciated just to use as a reference while putting my new motor back in my 08 23LSV 

@Eddy STBD has the valve and the port has the elbow on mine. The elbow goes to a breather tube that is attached to my air filter. 

let me know if you still want pics. Not sure how close our engines are in “layout”. 

Edited by rakr
13 hours ago, rakr said:

@Eddy STBD has the valve and the port has the elbow on mine. The elbow goes to a breather tube that is attached to my air filter. 

let me know if you still want pics. Not sure how close our engines are in “layout”. 

Mind is a monsoon 340 as well. Is the elbow just plastic piece? 

yes if you could get them and send them over I would greatly appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, rakr said:

@Eddy just the valve covers on either side? 

Yes both sides preferred and any of the top if you can. I just want to make sure I put motor back together correctly since I did not take it apart 

• Like 1