Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buying a Ford Super Duty in today’s market…

IXFE

On 6/10/2022 at 6:12 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

:clap:

Anyone who has tried or purchased a new vehicle in the last year or so knows your pain. Glad you finally got it and that is one nice looking truck! It’s amazing how many issues these car companies have with communication, timelines and transport were covered up by having inventory on dealer lots. 

I ordered a new GMC 3500 HD Denali Black Diamond Edition...Here is my crap show story.

April 2021 - Ordered from Dealership

Jun 2021 - Order Cancelled by GM

June 2021 - Order replaced by Dealership (2022 year model)

Sep 2021 - Order Accepted by GM

Nov 2021 - Truck build week of (11/15)

Nov 2021 - Feb 5 2022 - Truck sat in lot waiting for shipping

Feb 10 2022 - Truck arrived at Dealership

Almost a year to get my new truck....

20220312_172524.jpg

• Like 4
On 6/10/2022 at 12:16 PM, hethj7 said:

@Slayer Godzilla?   A co-worker has it and loves it!  I may have went that route if it wasn’t so new in 2020 when I ordered.  

Considering that for my next ride.  Honestly, with what I tow, it's more than enough.  Biggest advantage of the Diesel for me would be a bit better fuel economy and the ability to use the big rig lanes at travel stops.  It's a bit snug using the petrol pumps with a 30' travel trailer hooked up.

Biggest advantage of the diesel is they are so sweet to drive.  :)    I’m sure that ford gasser is a fine engine but the diesels are ridiculous.   

20 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Biggest advantage of the diesel is they are so sweet to drive.  :)    I’m sure that ford gasser is a fine engine but the diesels are ridiculous.   

I know, but all the mechanical trickeration on these new diesels has made them crazy complex.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, hethj7 said:

@Slayer Godzilla?   A co-worker has it and loves it!  I may have went that route if it wasn’t so new in 2020 when I ordered.  

Yes, sir!  I’m excited for it.  I have no solid use case for the power stroke.  

On 6/10/2022 at 3:17 PM, hethj7 said:

I had a Diet Coke waiting for him, so in terms of first dates I thought I got off to a good start.  

😂😂😂Smart Man..  

On 6/10/2022 at 12:51 PM, IXFE said:

First and most important truck project is complete… 

06648F64-3767-4643-955C-6528F8B70B2C.thumb.jpeg.c36a85d864edff4d4373fdf0a850ad39.jpeg

FACEC898-3FEC-4DDF-B45A-912FA6371A79.thumb.jpeg.ce02eed079b63924769b6ee1241e9d0c.jpeg

EE055DEE-E8C0-425E-91E9-D93F01DDCB67.thumb.jpeg.2bf63473352f7be35665f11aaaaa9a8f.jpeg

What shackles are those you have?  I need to get some.

On 6/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, hethj7 said:

I had a Diet Coke waiting for him, so in terms of first dates I thought I got off to a good start.  

You were a perfect gentleman. Definitely hoping to see you again! 😂

5 hours ago, Hemmy said:

What shackles are those you have?  I need to get some.

Found them on Amazon. Link and pic below.

They come in a bunch of colors. I bought the “frosted black” set. I think @Stevo has the white ones on his rig. 

Made in China (isn’t everything?), but has 4.8 star rating with over 8k views. Seemed like a good bet… 

https://a.co/d/ioVec1u

3A9299A5-3F51-40C9-ABC4-1D714E3485B4.jpeg

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Question:  Why shackles?  Why not clip the trailer directly to the loops on the hitch?

47 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Found them on Amazon. Link and pic below.

They come in a bunch of colors. I bought the “frosted black” set. I think @Stevo has the white ones on his rig. 

Made in China (isn’t everything?), but has 4.8 star rating with over 8k views. Seemed like a good bet… 

https://a.co/d/ioVec1u

3A9299A5-3F51-40C9-ABC4-1D714E3485B4.jpeg

yup I went color match white (yes upside down in this pic) 

The newer model super duty’s have a 2.5in or the big boy 3in receiver hitch and even though the trailers have cable clip hooks, they are a pain to get on/off the larger hitch receptacles 

78E352D7-D20A-4B60-8320-46E7C816386D.jpeg

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 3
59 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Question:  Why shackles?  Why not clip the trailer directly to the loops on the hitch?

There's so much metal on the hitch that it's really difficult to get the clips on the cables around the hitch.  

15 minutes ago, justgary said:

I have used heavy duty 1/2" threaded chain links for years.  In fact, I moved them from the old truck to the new one at the dealership.

I had them on my 2011 but I wanted a little backend bling… (gigityy) on the new ride

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2
On 6/10/2022 at 1:02 AM, IXFE said:

So I took delivery of my new 2022 F-350 today and posted a teaser pic in the “recent purchase” thread. @UWSkier asked a fair question… just how much did you pay for that beast? 

If you go re-read that post, you'll notice I actually asked how much you paid for the diesel you were pumping into the truck in that photo, not what you paid for the truck.  But I'm happy to take credit for this thread!  :)

10 hours ago, UWSkier said:

If you go re-read that post, you'll notice I actually asked how much you paid for the diesel you were pumping into the truck in that photo, not what you paid for the truck.  But I'm happy to take credit for this thread!  :)

My bad. I think I just read what I wanted to hear… ya know it’s been too long since @IXFE penned an epic thread. I guess I was just in the mood and you, my friend, lit the fuse…

aprox. $5.25/gallon is your answer. But the full tank provided by Granger at delivery got me about 85% of the way home!

33 minutes ago, IXFE said:

My bad. I think I just read what I wanted to hear… ya know it’s been too long since @IXFE penned an epic thread. I guess I was just in the mood and you, my friend, lit the fuse…

aprox. $5.25/gallon is your answer. But the full tank provided by Granger at delivery got me about 85% of the way home!

Sick trifecta of tagging oneself in one's own post in one's own thread in the third person!  LOL

Also awesome they filled your tank!  Many dealerships don't do that anymore.  :(

On 6/14/2022 at 7:37 PM, IXFE said:

You must have paid too much for the truck if they filled your tank😂😂😂

Oh!! And only $5.25 per gallon?? 

Edited by Sparky450
On 6/10/2022 at 9:03 AM, pauley71 said:

@IXFE Oh wow .. looks like we are twins!  Except mine is an F250 which does have the updated rear axle and leaf pack so not sure what the differences are really, do you?  My experience was different (and honestly surprising) but maybe its the volume of the IA dealer and number of build slots?  I'm currently stuck in a 'railcar delay'.  Appreciate a look at what to expect :)  Around here all I see are carbonized grey.

image.thumb.png.716241d31497addbc2e9d5125b4f5d13.png

Still trying to convince the CFO I need an upgrade...so far the boat has led me from 2016 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock (loved her) --> 2016 F150 FX4 Lariat --> ________________. 

@pauley71 quoted you since I'll be up at Lake Anna for a few days in August, just sayin' :whistle:

On 6/17/2022 at 6:23 AM, SmoothbrainA22 said:

so far the boat has led me from 2016 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock (loved her) -

I had a red Hard Rock... loved that thing and miss it. But my wife's car was the tow rig and she traded it out to a car that couldn't tow the boat (at least not on long trips)... so I am stuck with a tow rig as my DD...the Wrangler had to go :-/