Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

15.5 inch Prop

BartG

Is there anyone out there running a 15.5 inch prop on a 2016 to 2018 23 foot boat?  I am not near my boat to measure and see if there is clearance for a prop that size. 

If memory serves (getting older!) I got one for my 2017 LSV23 with the 410 Raptor. The clearance was around 3/4 of an inch. I did not feel comfortable with that clearance since they recommend at least an inch. Never used it.

I got prop burn constantly occurring with the 15” high altitude prop that came with boat.  Its tooooo close.  Dont do a 15.5”

dealer and malibu claim no idea why it’s occurred 

I ended up going with the OJ 950-MF. Talked to Eric over there and he said that made the 950 specifically for the 2015 - 2018 Axis and Malibu's. We will see how it goes, but I am sure it will be better than the 1235 that was on the boat.

• Like 1