Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding another amp on 2017 Malibu

DaxTilley17

DaxTilley17

Hi, I currently have 2 factory amps in my boat and running 4 icon 8s on my tower. Wanting to add 2 more rev 10s on the tower and wondering how hard it would be to wire up another amp from the radio? RCA cable is what I’m worried about the most. Where do I plug it in to the radio?

Just my $0.02, but I would recommend removing the four Icon8 speakers and both speaker shelves (assuming you have the G3 tower), get the Rev10 tower mounting brackets, have the amp reprogrammed by your dealer for the Rev10 speakers.  You will probably be much happier with the end result.

DaxTilley17
3 hours ago, csleaver said:

Just my $0.02, but I would recommend removing the four Icon8 speakers and both speaker shelves (assuming you have the G3 tower), get the Rev10 tower mounting brackets, have the amp reprogrammed by your dealer for the Rev10 speakers.  You will probably be much happier with the end result.

Okay I think I’ll do that! Will the rev 10s not fit on the shelf where the icon 8s go? If not can u possibly show me what I need to make the rev 10s work? Thank you!

They are too heavy, I would not even want to try to mount them on the shelf. 

Rather then add a 3rd amp, remove the existing 8" coaxials and their amp. Install the new larger HLCDs and its amp, in place of the old tower speaker amp.

• Like 1

I don't want to hijack this thread however I'm in the process of putting an additional pair of Rev 10's on myself but the current set I have to go on are the swivel mount. The pair on there already have the x mount and I'd like do the same for this next pair but I'd rather not shell out an additional 180 for a few pieces of metal that shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks. Has anyone made/fabricated their own x mount (mainly the top plate as I can drill out the inside plate from the swivel) for mounting Rev 10's? Or if anyone has an extra x mount for cheap?