Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I want to pass this information on incase someone else has same experience.  Since my boat was new I would occasionally get a low oil pressure alarm activation.  I would immediately shut down the engine and then restart it.  This would always fix this issue, temporary.  I have a 2019 A22 with a PCM 409.  I have about 105 hours and I have had the alarm activation at about the 10, 60 and 94 hour mark.  I took my boat back to where I purchased it after the issue at the 10 hour mark, Tilly's Marine in Norco, Ca.  They found nothing wrong.  Following year I would once again have the same alarm activation and the temporary fix was the same sequence.  So now that I'm a year away from my PCM warranty expiring I decided to contact PCM directly.  After giving them my engine serial number they emailed me back and told me that my batch range of serial numbers indicated that I most likely have a bad or faulty oil pump.  They told me to take my boat to a PCM approved dealership for an oil pump replacement.  I find it interesting that my boat dealer did not know anything about this oil pump issue.    

Pleasurecraft does not currently have any service communication, or bulletin, that they provide to their dealers that covers any known issues with oil pumps on any model engine.  I just checked their dealer circle service communications.  Maybe they will provide their dealers with this information sometime in the future, but I'm not certain of that. 

I haven't seen any similar service notifications from Indmar or Volvo Penta, who have used the same GM 6.0L L96 engine in the past, but neither of them have used that engine in their lineup for at least the last 4 years or longer.

From what I understand, testing the oil pressure on those can be tricky.  A special adaptor is needed and two mechanical gauges are used to check the upper and lower oil pressure on either side of the oil pressure regulator.  I got the adaptor a couple years ago and haven't had to use it yet.

The info you gave is good and it is something I will probably have to keep an eye out for.  Thanks.