Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge won’t come up. 2019 Malibu LSV

Hello!

The power wedge on my 2019 is stuck down and it won’t go back up. I tried finding the fuse under the dashboard and can’t seem to locate the right one.  

Any advice on how to get it to go back up? 

thanks!

Edited by Thompsyx3
Misspelled

@Thompsyx3 I had the same thing happen last year.  If your wedge goes down normally but you have to resort to using the hydraulic release screw bc the programming won't move it back up (via settings menu) there is likely something wrong with your wedge relay (sometimes referred to as a 4-pack or 6-pack relay, depending on which year boat you have).  Check all the connections between the wedge and the surf gates and the relay module likely located on the transom inside your engine compartment - if they are all connected well then you might have a bad module.  Not very expensive (under $400 and less than 1 hour to install) but very scarce right now due to the computer chip/electronics shortages.  Mine was diagnosed and ordered from my Malibu dealer in late august 2021 and finally arrived 10 days ago.  I believe this is a link to the faulty part you have in your boat (mine was different, being a 2015 23lsv):

https://www.malibuparts.com/products/relay-6-pack-module-power-wedge-surf-gate-18-21?_pos=5&_sid=0e0be662b&_ss=r

Obviously verify with your dealer.  Perhaps since your boat is likely still under warranty it will not take as long to get a new one as it did for me.  Maybe they have some left over from last years new builds or still are using the same parts on 2022+ boats (the link says 2018-2021).  Good luck!  I hope its a problem that can be solved quickly because it sucks to not have the wedge available for surfing and wakeboarding.  Really killed the last month and half of my season last year, and the first few trips out this spring.  

Edited by PNWoke