Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 Axis Lineup

Raimie

Anyone had any sneak peaks of the T23 for 2023? I'm assuming it's getting a refresh this year. I'm wondering if it will keep it's style of blend over to a T230.  

40 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Anyone had any sneak peaks of the T23 for 2023? I'm assuming it's getting a refresh this year. I'm wondering if it will keep it's style of blend over to a T230.  

You are in luck . T235 , lines like the 220 and 250, you can even get lt4 in it . I think it will be a best seller 

11 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

You are in luck . T235 , lines like the 220 and 250, you can even get lt4 in it . I think it will be a best seller 

That sounds like a winner to me.  And if you can get the LT4 in the 235, I'm even more happy I ordered my 220 with the M6 

Edited by rennis
12 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

did you get that info from your dealer? curious if they have all the specs on it already? 

1 hour ago, rennis said:

That sounds like a winner to me.  And if you can get the LT4 in the 235, I'm even more happy I ordered my 220 with the M6 

I had the same thought- except I ordered my T220 w the M5. 🙄

1 hour ago, Dsalyers said:

Wonder if they are planning a A220 and A240 in the future?

maybe an A260!?!?  [crossing fingers]

• Like 2
1 hour ago, smuurph84 said:

did you get that info from your dealer? curious if they have all the specs on it already? 

Yes dealers have all the info . I saw the highlight sheet Friday before Memorial Day . My sales rep and I have an agreement, I have to hold onto my 250 for two years . He’s saving my marriage:) 

• Haha 3
Maximesm89
On 6/3/2022 at 11:06 AM, Dsalyers said:

Wonder if they are planning a A220 and A240 in the future?

I order an A225 2023 all new with the M5DI 

• Like 3

Interesting.  Would love to see the 17" prop work it's way down to the T235 or even shorter models.  Excited to see the details as they come out.  Sounds like a few refreshes.  Also interested to see where prices go from here...

Edited by theloungelife
added more
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, theloungelife said:

Interesting.  Would love to see the 17" prop work it's way down to the T235 or even shorter models.  Excited to see the details as they come out.  Sounds like a few refreshes.  Also interested to see where prices go from here...

17” prop on the new T235. 

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know when the new 2023 lineup refresh 'actually' gets announced - like on a website where i can click around and show the wife? is it by labor day?

i'm sure dealers know more but i don't want to get a sales' guys hopes up until i see approximately what changes are coming...and if i can get any interest in them at home.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CaptainMorgan said:

anyone know when the new 2023 lineup refresh 'actually' gets announced - like on a website where i can click around and show the wife? is it by labor day?

i'm sure dealers know more but i don't want to get a sales' guys hopes up until i see approximately what changes are coming...and if i can get any interest in them at home.

Based on last year's announcement of the T250 it would be first of September.  

• Like 1

Axis staggered the announcements of the 220 and the 250 last year.  220 videos dropped on Youtube right around August 20th if I remember right.  As gtfish said, 250 announced a couple weeks later. 

• Like 1
On 6/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, Maximesm89 said:

I order an A225 2023 all new with the M5DI 

Any idea of major changes from A22 to the new A225?  Can I assume the A245 follows suit? 

I noticed earlier when looking at a cached result of an A225 listing that they are showing that it comes with a 16.5" prop. That is a very welcomed change.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cJk4bD2VR90J:https://mninboard.com/boats-for-sale/2023-axis-a225-1972225/+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Sorry about the potato quality of the image. It's from a thumbnail, I didn't save the picture from the original listing and the dealer that posted it already took it down.

a22.jpg

Also just found this on facebook

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, theloungelife said:

That prop size could be awesome.  Wonder what the transmission ratio will be.  Excited to see what else is new

I’m guessing it retains the 1.76:1, not a 2:1. Just a guess.

• Like 1

We just purchased a T220 the dealer had on their floor. Had every option we wanted and we loved the color scheme so it just worked out perfectly for us. We looked at the A22 they had but liked the improvements in the T220 too much to really consider it. We contemplated ordering a 2023 A225 but we’d have missed the rest of the boating season for this year and we saved a fair amount going with the 2022 T series.

With that being said, when we looked at the information for the new A225 the interior updates mimic those from the T220 and T250 (hinged seats, raised seat back in the stern, slightly taller freeboard, trash can placement). I can’t speak to any changes in the hull below the waterline or prop though. But as simple as the hinged seat covers are, I couldn’t imagine not having them now as often as we’re opening them up to grab a drink or snacks. We were fortunate enough to have ample time sitting in both the A22 and T220 to really notice all of the minor improvements. If they’d had the A225 available it would have been a much tougher choice!

14 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I’m curious on fuel capacity. Hopefully adding some length adds another 5-10 gallons of capacity.

not sure of the A225 but I know the T235 only went up one gallon from 65 to 66 :( .

1 hour ago, Andiamo said:

With that being said, when we looked at the information for the new A225 the interior updates mimic those from the T220 and T250 (hinged seats, raised seat back in the stern, slightly taller freeboard, trash can placement).

Congrats on the new boat!  We love ours too.  I do think the difference in freeboard between the outgoing A22 and the T220 is pretty substantial.  You can see some of it in the interior but a lot of it is below the floor.  When you compare the depth of the bilge under the center pie plate is when it really shows.   You have to try pretty hard to chilly-dip the bow of the T220!