Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Brakes

jd8181

I'm going to need to be replacing my drum brake pads and a few other brake parts on my 2001 Elete single axle 6 lug trailer soon. I want to make sure i've got all the right parts so i don't have to take it apart multiple times. How do i know what pads and parts to get? are these universal? and where would you recommend to get parts from? 

1 hour ago, jd8181 said:

I'm going to need to be replacing my drum brake pads and a few other brake parts on my 2001 Elete single axle 6 lug trailer soon. I want to make sure i've got all the right parts so i don't have to take it apart multiple times. How do i know what pads and parts to get? are these universal? and where would you recommend to get parts from? 

If you have a trailer supply business locally, i would talk to them first.  Maybe even swing the boat (trailer) by and let them put eyes on it.  A brake Kit and new drum might be a wiser (and maybe only marginally more expensive) solution than just replacing the pads and drum only.

Edited by Texan32
5 minutes ago, Texan32 said:

If you have a trailer supply business locally, i would talk to them first.  Maybe even swing the boat (trailer) by and let them put eyes on it.  A brake Kit and new drum might be a wiser (and maybe only marginally more expensive) solution than just replacing the pads and drum only.

Good point. Thank you. I like to do the work myself, but another set of eyes never hurt anything. 

Just now, jd8181 said:

Good point. Thank you. I like to do the work myself, but another set of eyes never hurt anything. 

Im all for DIY.  I just meant that if you let them see the setup, they may be able to tell you what exactly you need from looking at it.