Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

trailer width?

FlyYellow

So I have a 2021 21' MLX and trying to build a garage in a narrow spot.  I'm not anywhere near the trailer, but would anyone know the trailer width?  I can find the height and length specs on line, but oddly enough not the width.  Appreciate if anyone can measure their trailer for me...

Don't most roads have a trailer width regulation of 102" with a + 6" for safety equipment?    I would plan for a 108" expected width.     Make your door as wide as you think you need, then add 6" on each side for ease, if you can.

• 4 weeks later...

It is all about the door width.  And part of that depends on how easy your approach is to that door.  If it is an easy, straight approach, you can get away with a 9' wide door, assuming you are good at backing in.  If you want some comfort, a 12' wide is preferable.  12x12 or 14x14 door is what you really want if your build will allow for it.  

Another factor is what door you choose and how the door is positioned when open in comparison to boat tower in the up position. If building codes allow try building with 12’ tall walls. Going vertical is the most cost effective way to gain space. My shop garage doors roll up tight to the ceiling so I can have doors open and tower up at the same time. Also Lift Master has wall mount door openers which eliminates the door opener in the center of the ceiling.

On 6/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, Nitrousbird said:

It is all about the door width.  And part of that depends on how easy your approach is to that door.  If it is an easy, straight approach, you can get away with a 9' wide door, assuming you are good at backing in.  If you want some comfort, a 12' wide is preferable.  12x12 or 14x14 door is what you really want if your build will allow for it.  

ICBW But I dont think my 2019 25 lsv would go through a 9’ garage door with the guide posts on.