Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ECM SPN 65604/65605 FMI 2

I recently purchased my first boat 2013 Axis A22 with the monsoon 330SS, I drove quite some ways to get it and to my surprise I go to put it in the water and It starts up but I have no throttle. I couldn’t even get it off the trailer. It’s throwing 2 codes at me. ECM SPN 65605 FMI 2 and ECM SPN 65604 FMI 2. The only thing I did was change the batteries out because I was told they were bad and I didn’t replace them with the exact ones Could that cause the codes and throttle to not work? Or has anyone had a similar issue like this? I’ve done the basics. Checked the connections disconnected batteries to try to reset the computer. Is there anything else I can try to get this thing moving before I go replacing sensors? The boat did run before it was put into storage last year. 

2 hours ago, Bosman94 said:

I did see that post and unfortunately the throttle connection doesn’t seem to be the issue. 

Did you use a meter and test the throttle voltages?

I did. I’m no electrician tho so I wasn’t exactly sure what I was looking at. I just replaced the throttle position sensor and it is still in limp mode. Any chance the computer could be holding on to the codes? If so how can you clear them?