Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New prop:-(

Craigr

Well....I just banged up my first prop and looking for recommends on where to get a new one at the best price.  

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. 

Craig

Unless it's missing a blade now from the damage, you should be able to get it repaired locally for a fraction of the cost of a new one. 

27 minutes ago, Craigr said:

Well....I just banged up my first prop and looking for recommends on where to get a new one at the best price.  

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. 

Craig

Check out PropMD for mail-in service, or if you live in the Fox Valley, take it to Fox River Prop in Little Chute.  We've had a few Acmes reworked by those guys and they have done a nice job.

Edited by UWSkier

I plan on repairing the prop but I am concerned on the turn around time to get it back & thinking a new one would arrive sooner & having a spare seems like a good idea. Your thoughts please. 

Fully agree with buying a spare and get the existing repaired!

I suggest getting the spare slightly different pitch if you’ve ever thought RPMs should be a little higher or lower. After the old prop is repaired use whichever prop feels better as the primary and keep the other as the spare. 
edit: spell check

Edited by atLakeSantee

Wakemakers.com is a great place to start if you are looking to get a new prop. The "Prop Finder" tool they have is great to help you find the prop that will fit your specific needs on your specific boat. Their customer service is awesome as well, so if you have questions just give them a shout. I purchased one from there, and everything was super smooth and shipping was quick. AND their prices were the lowest I found.

Then yes absolutely send your current one and get it repaired. Now you have your backup! The Weekend Saver Kit is also a great product to have on the boat or at least in the car. It could definitely help you "save a weekend" if your prop gets hit.

Last year I had to buy a new prop.   A lot of placed were back ordered for the weekend saver kit or the new prop ( I never banged it up before, so I never bothered with spending money on either of these, but I knew time was coming, especially with more people getting allowed to drive the boat).   I think i checked the usual places, Bakes, Wakemakers, skidim, Acme website, etc.  I purchased based on availability, not so much on price, but i think everyone was pretty close in price (inc. shipping/taxes).

I talked to my local (1.5 hour away) dealer about fixing the prop, and they send them out to a shop for repair anyway, so I went with Prop MD for my repair and it came out great.   AI dropped it off at UPS, and it came back to my house a few weeks later.  I just had one bent blade.