Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3.5 optional tow point.

MikeWW

Anyone have any comments, pro or con, on aux tow points for a G3.5 tower, Malibu part or Uptice??  I wanted to include a pic but not figure out how to do that. 

• 1 year later...

I use the uptice on my tower.  I like them and we use them a lot especially with beginners.  Sometimes the rope can pop off when the surfer tosses the rope and it goes slack.  They’re sized to keep a low profile so heads are less likely to bonk into them which is probably better than having something bigger there that was less likely to shake the rope loose.  Depending on your specific tower, the install can be really easy or really a pain.  My 2014’s tower didn’t line up perfectly and required a good bit of tweaking to get installed.  My 2015 tower was a breeze, took like 5 mins total. 

1 hour ago, PNWoke said:

Sometimes the rope can pop off when the surfer tosses the rope and it goes slack.  

How are you connecting the rope to the tow point?  Connected like this I don't see how it could come off?

That way definitely works the best but it still isn’t 100% effective depending on the thickness and springiness of the rope nylon or the angle of the rider tugging on it.  It’s not a major concern it’s just not quite as “set it and forget it” as the top tower or stern pylon connections.