Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reluctor ring pattern 24X

Poornotlazy

Does anyone know what the Reluctor ring pattern is on a 2004 Indmar Monsoon 340 in a Response LXI is? I have a crankshaft position sensor but it’s not being used and I’m thinking of switching to a LS PCM if it’s 24X

The 2004 Indmar Monsoon may have a four reluctor wheel on the front of the crankshaft behind the timing cover, but I don't think CPS sensors were even used on those engines until 2006.  The LS is a very different kind of engine design and I doubt very few parts, if any, will cross over.

Poornotlazy

csleaver,

Parts are available for this conversion. I’m not a big fan of distributors so I will probably do this conversion in the winter time unless I have a lot of trouble this summer. I will change the reluctor wheel to a 24X reluctor ring and then I will install eight LS coils and a distributor style cam sensor to drive the oil pump. I have plenty of these PCM’s laying around and I have a few LS harnesses… I even think I have one with the EV1 injector connectors on it already. It looks like my gauges have their own sensors that are independent of the EFI sensors so I don’t expect any trouble there. As a bonus I think the used EFI system on the boat is still worth money! My local dealer said that you cannot even get the controllers anymore. I think it’s a MEFI 4.

11 hours ago, Poornotlazy said:

csleaver,

Parts are available for this conversion. I’m not a big fan of distributors so I will probably do this conversion in the winter time unless I have a lot of trouble this summer. I will change the reluctor wheel to a 24X reluctor ring and then I will install eight LS coils and a distributor style cam sensor to drive the oil pump. I have plenty of these PCM’s laying around and I have a few LS harnesses… I even think I have one with the EV1 injector connectors on it already. It looks like my gauges have their own sensors that are independent of the EFI sensors so I don’t expect any trouble there. As a bonus I think the used EFI system on the boat is still worth money! My local dealer said that you cannot even get the controllers anymore. I think it’s a MEFI 4.

What problem are you trying to solve?  These engines tend to run rather well, and are easy to fix if they don't.

• 3 weeks later...
Poornotlazy
On 6/2/2022 at 9:42 AM, justgary said:

What problem are you trying to solve?  These engines tend to run rather well, and are easy to fix if they don't.

I don’t like not being able to see what the sensors are doing or modify anything in the EFI system

2 hours ago, Poornotlazy said:

I don’t like not being able to see what the sensors are doing or modify anything in the EFI system

They tend to run really well for open loop systems.  You can build your own MEFI cable and see everything the ECM knows about.

Poornotlazy
On 6/19/2022 at 6:14 PM, justgary said:

They tend to run really well for open loop systems.  You can build your own MEFI cable and see everything the ECM knows about.

How do I build a cable?