Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where/How to Sell Trailer

paulhey

When my last boat was totaled from fire damage I was thinking I might end up having to sell the trailer alone.  I had planned on just listing it on the TMC classifieds - I had seen them listed there from time to time.  I looked at my original pprwrk and the original price of my 2014 boatmate trailer (for 23lsv) was around $4500.  I was thinking I would sell it for around $2k.  I talked to local Malibu dealer and asked them what I should sell it for and they advised me that new trailers for 23lsv's are running close to $10k now, so I should probably list it in the $5000-$6500 range.  I ended up being able to keep the fire damaged boat and sold it with the trailer but I did factor in about $6k for the trailer.  I just say that so you have some reference for your trailers value and that it might be a little more valuable than what you had paid for it originally.  I trust you have thought out selling it but keep in mind that although trailers are a pain in the butt to store (especially if you have a boathouse the boat lives in) they really do come in handy if you need to ever sell the boat or relocate it in advance of a freak storm, or just want to check out some new areas or need to get major services done that can't be done in your boathouse.  Otherwise GLWS!

On 5/30/2022 at 10:20 AM, paulhey said:

Any recommendations on how/where to put a trailer up for sale? I have a 2004 Wakesetter VLX, and I no longer need the trailer. Thanks!

Where are you located? any pictures? and how much? 

Orlando Florida area. I can provide pics - but it's in really great shape. Stored inside its whole life. Have not gotten around to a price yet.