Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV 6.5" Touch Screen (NO DELAM)

My 6.5" touch screen looks new (no delimitation).

It was replaced in 2016. It looks and works fine except - When you open the settings page you then have the red X in the top right corner. Touching the X has no effect!

I assume that part of the touch screen is dead? Or could this be a software issue? 

I haven't found any other screens that have a touch point in the top right corner. As a workaround, when I'm done with the settings page I can turn off the screens using the power button. When I power back up the screen is back to the normal controls page. 

Im just looking for insight from the crew?

You think this is the beginning of a dead screen?

Cheers! and TIA!

I haven't seen the red X before, but touching SETUP on the top right should take you back to the main setup menu, or touching the MLS, LIGHTS, or SWITCH tabs on the left should take you to those screens. 

Any chance you could provide a pic of the red x?  I feel like I had a similar issue with my 2014 - it would get stuck in media mode iirc and freeze up the 6.5" screen.  Im betting a software reflash/update would be a good option.  I haven't had that red-x issue with my 2015 - but have noticed that sometimes when the screens get dirty or a lot of finger smudges the 6.5" screen will turn off and on the radio repeatedly - pretty annoying - but usually solved by just killing the power and wiping down the screens really good.

I'll try and get a pic and post it soon. Don't have the boat today.

I should have been more clear. Its on the audio page. The page that shows bluetooth connection. There is a big red X in the upper right corner that closes that screen. Touching the X has no effect. I'm hopeful its a flash update fix and not a new screen.

STBY.

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Sorry for the delay:

Here is a pic of the screen with the issue.

The red X in the top right corner is not selectable.

The question is: Is this the beginning of a delimitation issue OR is this a software glitch?

TIA,

Mark

Edited by MWJ68