Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Auto vent setup ‘17 23LSV

Rafferty

I just added the Wakemakers 770 kit and my boat is equipped with plug and play but not the auto vent system. Any body have suggestions to add it. I can’t find the kit on the Wakemakers site. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 11:35 PM, Rafferty said:

I just added the Wakemakers 770 kit and my boat is equipped with plug and play but not the auto vent system. Any body have suggestions to add it. I can’t find the kit on the Wakemakers site. 

really not much of a kit, hose, quick connect, t for thru hull opening to  allow for sac bottom over flow hose snd top vent hose being installed to share the thru hull, or drill a dedicated thru hull snd buy that fixture

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering same thing for my PNPs so I don’t have to bleed off the air with the plug. Anyone do this by tapping into the existing vent hose for the hard tanks?  Couldn’t you put in a “Y” connector and use the existing through hull? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2022 at 6:35 PM, Pm22 said:

I was wondering same thing for my PNPs so I don’t have to bleed off the air with the plug. Anyone do this by tapping into the existing vent hose for the hard tanks?  Couldn’t you put in a “Y” connector and use the existing through hull? 

I called them and they were able to give me the part number.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:35 PM, Pm22 said:

I added a "Y" connector to the hard tank vent hose.  Works great!  Speed of filling seems better and more uniform right & left.  Having quick connects on all 3 connections of each keep it easy to pull the bags for engine servicing or storage.  Also have 3 plugs for each side so no issue if I want to fill the hard tanks whilst the bags are out.

Did you add the check valve or just ran hoses to the Y connector.  I have all the parts except check valve and going to hook them up this week and see how it goes. 

Edited by Pm22
  • 3 months later...

added the valve. Found out I needed to install the check valves up higher. I installed them next to the tank instead of the short hose to the vent. All good now.

Edited by Rafferty
15 hours ago, Rafferty said:

added the valve. Found out I needed to install the check valves up higher. I installed them next to the tank instead of the short hose to the vent. All good now.

Can you post any pictures of this installation and parts used?  TIA

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 5:22 AM, JpCrOOked said:

Can you post any pictures of this installation and parts used?  TIA

I would love to but can't figure out how to add the pictures from my camara roll on my phone or computer.

I am happy to email them to you.

3 hours ago, Rafferty said:

I would love to but can't figure out how to add the pictures from my camara roll on my phone or computer.

I am happy to email them to you.

Welcome. To post photo's there are basically two ways. You can subscribe here to allow that access, or use a 3rd party gallery place like imgur and post a link to that from here.

Steve B.

On 12/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, Steve B. said:

Welcome. To post photo's there are basically two ways. You can subscribe here to allow that access, or use a 3rd party gallery place like imgur and post a link to that from here.

Steve B.

Thanks Steve, I am signed up unless there is another step I have missed.

• 4 months later...

Any luck on getting some of those photos posted?  

I’m in the same boat, so to speak, with not having vent lines. Curious to see what y’all have installed and how to go about it. 

Definitely want to set it up with quick disconnect ends. 

On 5/11/2023 at 8:33 PM, Hamboats said:

Simple install?  

Yes, just tap into the existing ballast drains/vents on each side of the boat.  

Edited by JpCrOOked