Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

96 black scorpion 5.7 fuel pump.

I have narrowed down to what i still beleive is a fuel delivery issue. Fuel pressure shows a steady drop from 38-30 as rpms climb. If i watch the gauge and blip the throttle i can see the pressure drops right before the engine bogs. And then recovers. My question is i had to order a carter pump that is a 90lb pump. Merc says the stock pump was 120 psi. The fpr is new and im wondering if the pump is just not able to keep up. I also noticed that the wires to the pump do get warm. I can grab them but they are very warm. I found a pump from AEM thats max 120psi and rated at 43 which is where the motor requires. Ddoes this seem like the likely fix? Also will i have to put somthing in line to the ecm with bigger gauge wiring? I dont want to fry the ecm. Thanks!  The pump im looking at is part# 50-1005 on holleys website incase anyone wanted to check it out.

formulaben

Your fuel pump could well be bad, but before buying a new pump I'd definitely change the fuel filter first, assuming one is installed.

• 3 months later...