Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 23lsv bow lights

Hey guys, looking for options or recommendations on the lights built into the bow of my 2004 23 lsv, any ideas? Cheers!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Posted (edited)

Options or recommendations for what?  You want to install some just like them, you want to repair yours, or you are looking for the bulbs?

Beam angles for 50W bi-pin bulbs are:

EXN   50MR16/40°
EXT   50MR16/15°
EXZ   50MR16/25°

So your EXT bulb is a tight spot rather than a wide flood.

Edited by justgary

Well was curious if a better bulb or led would make it any better or if there’s a different fixture/ light altogether that would be better, seems small and funky design, would put a traditional led pod in place just figured I’d see if such a things been done before, cheers!

1 hour ago, Erickf said:

Well was curious if a better bulb or led would make it any better or if there’s a different fixture/ light altogether that would be better, seems small and funky design, would put a traditional led pod in place just figured I’d see if such a things been done before, cheers!

No problem with checking for a better mouse trap.  How well do the OEM lights work, and do you actually use them?

Well I’d like to start staying at the lake abit later now that I’ve done some underwater lights and rear lights on the tower.  I’d even instal a light bar on the tower but from looking at it and running work boats on the ocean I figure that would blind a guy more than work out. Gonna look today if a guy can mount some sort of pod in there and do away with this set up but also got some led bulbs now, sucks there’s not an upgrade or fixture that’ll bolt right in but oh well.  Old boat so I’m used to it!

You can find LED versions that fit in the docking lights but they dont work very well. We've tried LEDs a couple of times from different manufact but all fail after just a few hours. Went back to halogen and only issue is they get hot.