Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge II / Surf Gates / 7" Screen issues

Hello all,

We bought a used 2016 25 LSV a few weeks ago and lake tested the wedge and surf gates and everything worked great.  We finally got out to surf for the first time last week and I get the error "CAUTION CHECK WEDGE CAL" that others have posted about.  We also tried to use the surf left or right presets or the joystick and cannot get the surf gates to move.  I went to the debug screen for the wedge and at first the + and - arrows would not respond that I could tell.  This was with the boat on the water.  I had a friend watching the wedge, and finally after repeatedly pushing those buttons the wedge lowered all the way from 200 to 0.  I don't remember the voltage specifically but after reading other posts on here I think it was in the proper range.  I returned it up to 200 but then it became irresponsive again and we gave up and took it to our dealer.  We also tried the debug screen for the surf gates and hit "calibrate surf gates" - we could hear the actuators moving but the gates would not move. 

This fix is likely over my head but now the dealer is saying they can't get to it this week and we have cabins rented at our favorite lake for next week so I am going to at least try adjusting the wedge sensor that ORMailbuboater has posted instructions for. 

Also, the previous owner disabled the startup code and I reset the system to factory default to set a new one.  Would that reset have anything to do with the wedge / surf gate issues?  It seems curious to me that both the wedge and surf gates went out at the same time when they were both working before.  Now when we put in the startup code, the touchscreen is often putting in the wrong number, especially the "2".  If we hit 2 it might put in 1 or 3 instead when we are being extremely precise (not fat -fingering).  That makes me wonder if all these issues are related to the 7" screen module being quirky since the debug screen lowered the wedge once but then not again. 

Any thoughts or advice would be very helpful, thanks!