Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu wedge?

02vlxbu

Does anyone know what year Malibu went from the v shaped wedge to the flat style? Was it different if you had the wake hull vs diomond? 

I am not sure if anyone else will chime in, but I think it was a generation of LSV/VLX in the early 2000s. I think it was only on one hull, and was on one of the bigger boats (23, 247, 25?). I am not sure if the resources section (Boat Specs) will have anything. I recall Bakes selling the wedge for that specific hull and they called it out on their site, but I looked and could not find it. Maybe the V25, V29 hull? In looking at your year, I am guessing you will have/need the standard "flat wedge" as you are on the SV23 hull (same as my 04 LSV), and I have a flat wedge.

Also IIRC, the "V" wedge was specifically produced to accommodate a change in hull, as it didn't seem to stick around. My guess is that the standard flat wedge didn't work well with a redesign, and they had to modify it to get the anticipated outcome.

FWIIW Bakes has both the wedge bracket and floating wedge for sale. I have an itch to upgrade my manual wedge to a floating, but probably not this year.

My understanding was the original wedge was the flat one for the 90’s boats.  My previous 2002 sunscape diamond hull and my 98 sunsetter LX both had the flat wedge from the factory.  My families 2004 VLX on the wake hull has a v shaped wedge from the factory.