Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil extractor hose stuck in Dip stick tube


Recommended Posts

Went to change the oil on my 2016 seadoo gtx 215 and when I went to readjust the hose to get more oil out, the hose became stuck and won’t come out. Obviously it’s kinked in the bottom end, I’m wondering if anyone has any tips getting it out? Ive tried putting air down the hose to try to get the kink out, no luck. The kink is to the point where air can’t get through. Tried feeding a wire down to get through the kink and all sorts of twisting and pulling while feeding the wire and no luck still. Is there anything else I could try before having to pull the motor?

Link to comment

Can't say that I  have ever felt like the extractor was getting stuck in my folks rxp and it is the only way to change the oil.

How hard have you pulled on it?  If it were me, I would pull hard on it while someone kicks the starter and see if it comes loose before pulling the engine.

 

Link to comment

My polite brain is saying good luck, hope you get it out ok but in the background my slalom brain is saying hahaha one less lake lice messing up the glass :yahoo:

 

Does the dip stick hole have a guide tube like most boat engines and if so can you remove it?

 

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, uk_exile said:

My polite brain is saying good luck, hope you get it out ok but in the background my slalom brain is saying hahaha one less lake lice messing up the glass :yahoo:

 

Does the dip stick hole have a guide tube like most boat engines and if so can you remove it?

 

It does, but you’re going to have to remove the entire intake to remove it and get at it. 

Link to comment
43 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Can't say that I  have ever felt like the extractor was getting stuck in my folks rxp and it is the only way to change the oil.

How hard have you pulled on it?  If it were me, I would pull hard on it while someone kicks the starter and see if it comes loose before pulling the engine.

 

Hard as hell man, but to the point where I don’t want to break it off. Gonna try to turn the motor by hand to see if it frees up. 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, JakeT said:

in the background my slalom brain is saying hahaha one less lake lice messing up the glass :yahoo:

This did make me snicker a little bit....

2 minutes ago, JakeT said:

 

Hard as hell man, but to the point where I don’t want to break it off. Gonna try to turn the motor by hand to see if it frees up. 

When this thread gets moved to the "Off Topic" forum, find it and keep posting in it.  Don't start a new one when you can't find it any more....

Can you rotate the hose at all?

Link to comment

Different kind of motor, but I had to have the oil pan dropped on my boat so the extractor tube could be pulled out the bottom. Good luck to you!

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, justgary said:

This did make me snicker a little bit....

When this thread gets moved to the "Off Topic" forum, find it and keep posting in it.  Don't start a new one when you can't find it any more....

Can you rotate the hose at all?

Probably wouldn’t get any answers right away would I now Gary…

You can, I’ve rotated it several times trying to get the kink out but no luck 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, JakeT said:

Probably wouldn’t get any answers right away would I now Gary…

You can, I’ve rotated it several times trying to get the kink out but no luck 

Maybe chuck it up in a cordless and try low speed while pulling on it.

Link to comment

Has it moved up at all?

Maybe a steel rod instead of a wire will help align the hose.  One that will barely fit the tube without swelling it.

Please post a photo.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...