Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken record black scorpion 5.7

Curious to know what direction to head now with my gremlin of a motor. Today after completely tearing down fuel system to free up a clog which i never found. Put it all back together and she fired right up. Fuel pressure at a steady 39 psi which is not 43 like it should be but alot better! Still has the bogging issue when i go from anything over 1500 back down to idle it drops to 300 and recovers. But now out of nowhere it started idleing at weird rpms like sometimes at 900 or 600 and bouncing about 200 rpms each way over and over. So i pulled the plug on the tps and plugged back in and it reset itself. Went and got a new tps just to be sure and same thing. I pulled the iac and plan on replacing it because even tho it is new i suspect either an electrical issue or iac stuck. When i pulled the throttle body it was obvious the motor was not getting near enough air. Intake and throttle body were wet with fuel, and smoke pouring out of intake from all the fuel. My question is, where do i go from here? The computer controls air/fuel ratio. Ive replaced damn near everything on this motor. I did find a small idle screw on the throttle body and i tweaked it a bit to see if it would change anything. Idle went up and upon restart reverted back to normal idle speed and then started idleing really high so i put it back. How can i fix the ratio? Is there anything i can do? I dont think the injectors are sticking  i had them cleaned right before i replaced the whole fuel system

2nd set of eyes wouldn't hurt. Watching fuel pressure and timing under load would be good. My guess is you've replaced the coil. Like I say a 2nd set of eyes from stem to stern. Wires check, cap check, rotor, all connections, all gaps, vacuum leaks looked for, recent gas. the whole nine yards.

Steve B. 

17 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

2nd set of eyes wouldn't hurt. Watching fuel pressure and timing under load would be good. My guess is you've replaced the coil. Like I say a 2nd set of eyes from stem to stern. Wires check, cap check, rotor, all connections, all gaps, vacuum leaks looked for, recent gas. the whole nine yards.

Steve B. 

Funny thing is, the coil has not been replaced. I have a gauge long enough to see psi holds steady at 2k rpms i havent checked timing yet but i need to. There apperently no way to adjust it anyways. 

11 hours ago, Lester said:

Funny thing is, the coil has not been replaced. I have a gauge long enough to see psi holds steady at 2k rpms i havent checked timing yet but i need to. There apperently no way to adjust it anyways. 

There is a way to set timing. It's been documented here many times and using the resources tab can help you find those threads. Personally, I haven't done it. 

Steve B.

28 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

There is a way to set timing. It's been documented here many times and using the resources tab can help you find those threads. Personally, I haven't done it. 

Steve B.

I dug a little deeper into the intake yesterday and found that it was not fuel in the plenum it was oil from pcv will be doing comp test today and replacing the valve. Vaccume leak at a minimum.