Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

“New” 03 VLX trailer question

jcormack

Hi, I’m currently working with a trailer company to build out a new trailer for a 2003 VLX, and needing certain specs (I currently do not have my boat nor do I trust myself to measure correctly!). Any older Malibu VLX boat owners have the “bow eye to transom” and “bow eye to shaft” lengths?

17 minutes ago, jcormack said:

Hi, I’m currently working with a trailer company to build out a new trailer for a 2003 VLX, and needing certain specs (I currently do not have my boat nor do I trust myself to measure correctly!). Any older Malibu VLX boat owners have the “bow eye to transom” and “bow eye to shaft” lengths?

My bow eye to transom ( from furthest part forward of the eye that rests on the bumper ) is 18’ 11”

Bow eye to shaft ( furthest part forward where the shaft comes through the hull ) 15’ 6”

The prop guard on my trailer starts at 15’ 9”

Let me know if you need anything else. I used a framing square to square down to the floor where my tape measure was, so the measurements should be pretty darn close.

Thank you, Im not sure but im sure its close. i believe 00-04 where similar model years???? that will help me get started 

When I ordered my trailer, the guy on the phone heard "Malibu" and immediately said, "ok, so eighteen feet ten inches bow eye to transom."

If I needed a trailer, I think I'd just call Boatmate and get one made specifically for the VLX.  I once got a "great deal" on a brand new inboard trailer made for a nautique and it took a lot of tweaks to get the Malibu to sit properly on the bunks.  It would have been cheaper/easier to just get a Boatmate in the first place.