Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Aid Kits, What are you carrying?

Ronnie

formulaben

That price seems fair, especially since it's in what looks like a decent Pelican style case.  I had a can of anti-septic rust out since the kit was in a canvas bag.

This is the list I got at a wilderness first aid course I took a few weeks ago.  This is stuff that would be carried in a pack in the backcountry, so seems reasonable that you could have more of it on the boat.

46745BDA-228F-418D-B9BC-20B68E9FFF6F.jpeg

Edited by shawndoggy
6 hours ago, oneramirez said:

https://mymedic.com/products/boat-medic-waterproof-first-aid-kit

Pricey, but it's loaded with most everything listed on this thread so far...

I used a kit similar to that to build out my first aid kits. I saved significant coin making them myself and was able to make multiple kits for less than the price of that single kit. I also used my vacuum sealer to make a med kits from bulk bottles that include aspirin, ibuprofen, immodium, tylenol and benadryl.  Sealed them into individual packs and makes it cheap to replenish without having to buy individually packaged meds. 

21 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

This is the list I got at a wilderness first aid course I took a few weeks ago.  This is stuff that would be carried in a pack in the backcountry, so seems reasonable that you could have more of it on the boat.

46745BDA-228F-418D-B9BC-20B68E9FFF6F.jpeg

And an EPI pen

On 5/27/2022 at 12:56 PM, oneramirez said:

https://mymedic.com/products/boat-medic-waterproof-first-aid-kit

Pricey, but it's loaded with most everything listed on this thread so far...

Yep this is what I have. My buddies wife got his rope caught in the prop this weekend at Shasta and ended up cutting his hand pretty bad.  100% needed stitches he refused to go to the ER so we put a Zip stitch on his hand.  Worked really well. 

Edited by dwc032
14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Anyone have a connection to setrup a Group Buy for a good kit?

I reached out to my medic about the above referenced kit and a group buy. Waiting to hear back. 

• Like 3
martinarcher
On 5/31/2022 at 1:34 PM, mxmark4 said:

I reached out to my medic about the above referenced kit and a group buy. Waiting to hear back. 

That would be awesome.  

A backboard or something as a good substitute.  We have used it twice for neck injury OTF in the course. (Credit to:  The old Centurion Carbon Pro came with one).

31 minutes ago, Skithemidwest said:

Just so you know, those are Chinese knock offs. They will most likely work fine, but if you compare them to a real Cat Tourniquet they feel cheaply made. Most all of the ones on Amazon are cheap knockoff versions. I’d venture to guess they will not hold up well in long term storage(dry rot). Spend the extra money for the real thing. 

https://www.narescue.com/combat-application-tourniquet-c-a-t.html

• Like 1

So I just heard back from Tyson @ my medic. He is offering us 30% off plus free shipping. Im not sure how yall do the group buys on here so if someone can clue me in I can get back with him and get it setup.I may try and see if he can get us a forum discount code to use. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mxmark4 said:

So I just heard back from Tyson @ my medic. He is offering us 30% off plus free shipping. Im not sure how yall do the group buys on here so if someone can clue me in I can get back with him and get it setup.I may try and see if he can get us a forum discount code to use. 

Awesome! Thanks!

There are a couple of ways to do it. A Forum Code is the easiest for us if it is easy for them to set it up. I'll work with them anyway we need to. Just let me know.

Thanks again!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mxmark4 said:

Do you know if the group buy would be limited to just the Boat Kit?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Kenw said:

Do you know if the group buy would be limited to just the Boat Kit?

Thanks

I do not know but I can ask. They have a pretty decent selection of kits, I am going to ask him for a group code and if its limited to just the boat kit. Any other questions anybody has before I email him again?

6 hours ago, Dsalyers said:

Just so you know, those are Chinese knock offs. They will most likely work fine, but if you compare them to a real Cat Tourniquet they feel cheaply made. Most all of the ones on Amazon are cheap knockoff versions. I’d venture to guess they will not hold up well in long term storage(dry rot). Spend the extra money for the real thing. 

https://www.narescue.com/combat-application-tourniquet-c-a-t.html

I did buy that specific set (I keep one in each car as well) and they are pretty well made, although I can’t speak to dry rot haha. In a pinch you could use a rope handle and a towel basically anything to cut off circulation. 

Tyson from my medic responded and said we can use the 30% off for anyt kit they offer.  Just waiting on him to get me a code together to be able to complete our purchases. 

• Like 2

Being a MyMedic.com dealer, I just want to remind everyone that you can use your HSA/FSA/HRA compliant cards. So if you have one of those flexible spending accounts, by all means, USE IT!

Edited by Jbcain
  • Like 2
Olddognewtricks
On 6/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, mxmark4 said:

Tyson from my medic responded and said we can use the 30% off for anyt kit they offer.  Just waiting on him to get me a code together to be able to complete our purchases. 

Ready to order.   How did u get the 30% off?