Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Captain Chair

We have a 2021 Malibu 22 LSV. The captain chair is loose and wiggles back and forth. In our opinion, it wiggles excessively. Initially, the dealer told us it was covered under warranty but required more extensive repairs and to bring it back in the off season. Now they are telling us that Malibu claims the amount of play/wiggle in the chair is within spec. 

Does anyone have similar complaints about the captain chair? Does your captain chair feel loose and rock back and forth?

thanks

• 1 month later...

KuJo, I have a 2021 with the power seat as well.  The seat definitely has a noticeable amount of play and as of this past weekend I've decided it may be getting worse.  It has always had some movement and rocking but I think the amount of movement is increasing.  Was going to contact the dealer about it but came on here and did a search first and found your thread.  Interested if others have opinions on their experience with the power seat?  With it being a moving part I understand there may always be some amount of play, but I agree mine is approaching at unacceptable amount of rocking/movement at this point.  I worry about it escalating and eventually failing.

The mounting bolts that hold the seat swivel/slide mechanism to the electric lift base can be accessed by removing two Phillips head screws on the plastic cover on the front and rear of the seat base.  Use a 7/16 or 1/2 wrench (I'm getting old and can't remember) to tighten the six bolts.  Don't get them too tight or the seat won't swivel.

Edited by csleaver
5 hours ago, dtb said:

Thanks @csleaver but the movement/rocking on my seat is occurring at the base of the post on the electric lift.  

As I mentioned before, My 18 LSV had broken welds under the fiberglass base. Had to unbolt to see the issue.image.thumb.png.eea2f86029d9f5ed6a2584223318b85c.png