Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2022 PTM clamp racks not holding boards with socks

McMiller

I have had two surf boards fly out of the brand new clamp racks this weekend, 1 grazed my sister in laws head and the other took a chunk of gel coat out on the walk through.   On my 2016 I never had one fly out, same boards same socks for over 750hrs on the old boat.  Anyone else think the new racks don’t clamp as tightly?68D2702A-600B-4B97-8EC1-1BB5F0D3D43F.thumb.jpeg.36bb9a10dfc19699591dc98010a21090.jpegACCBB33C-71A0-4FCF-8394-F756F75F9A92.thumb.jpeg.3cfd745af5275a96da9418af49b20e39.jpeg

I can't help with the board racks, but the gelcoat issue looks like they left a void when they rolled the chopped glass into the corners.  Your dealer might repair that for you under warranty.  Did it damage the board that hit it?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dwake said:

So how fast were you going?  What it really windy too?

thinking gotta strap them.  Sucks but alternate is worse.

Was not windy, going about 25 probably.  We rarely go over 30.