Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What lead? Favorite lead selection to balance 23 lsv

Olddognewtricks

Olddognewtricks

Hey guys. 2022 23 lsv just delivered and like others need to balance a bit with some weight on the port side.   Curious to hear everyone’s favorite option for weight.  Using lead? Or steel pellets?   Have a fav brand/maker?   Where do you put it?

thanks for helping the newbie. 

38 minutes ago, Olddognewtricks said:

Hey guys. 2022 23 lsv just delivered and like others need to balance a bit with some weight on the port side.   Curious to hear everyone’s favorite option for weight.  Using lead? Or steel pellets?   Have a fav brand/maker?   Where do you put it?

https://www.leadwake.com/ is the most common that people are using.  Usually 50lb bags.  I think they used to ship free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Olddognewtricks said:

In my 2021 23lsv I ran with 2 50lb'ers right behind the batteries in bow, then kept 3 50lb bags under the spotter seat  which I could shift around as needed.

• Like 2

This is where I run the lead weight with nice results. 575 PNP bags in rear lockers. For my wife, regular rider, I drop stbd rear PNP bag to 75-80% to give slight list to port side, favoring her wave. The red circle, in bow walk through, is where I keep the 200#, from bow, when not surfing. 

4D071944-4A8C-4409-A0AA-6312182AF642.jpeg

• 1 month later...