Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Surfgate Right Fail to Deploy

I purchased a new to me 2016 Malibu LSV 23. Ran into several issues on the maiden voyage, but the issue I hope to gain some insight on today is the surfgate issue. The surfgate on the left side works perfect without issue; however, the surfgate on the right side will not deploy. Furthermore there are no error codes/faults being produced as a result of this failed deployment nor does the boat even recognize the right surfgate in service mode. This boat apparently does not have the resettable breakers as some 2016s had for the wedge and gates. When doing testing to trouble shoot the issue I flip flopped the 4 wires from the functioning gate to the non functioning gate to determine if the relay pack was the issue. When this was done the gate still did not deploy. Based on this would the issue be the actual surf gate hydraulic actuator or is there something else I should check before going down this very expensive route? Appreciate everyone's wisdom!

IMG_7001.JPEG

IMG_7002.JPEG

If you get no response in either mode then I would replace the actuator.

on my 17 I was getting errors and swapped the actuator, and still continued to get errors on the water but not in calibration or service mode. 2nd step was to replace that sealed relay module in your 2nd picture.

by swapping the leads like you did I believe eliminated the module pack.

Edited by Stevo

I was praying for the easy fix have done both the surf gate calibration and service mode....

Under calibration I am getting no noise to come from the surfgate in question.

Under service mode I am not getting any movement /action from the surfgate in question.

Just now, Stevo said:

If you get no response in either mode then I would replace the actuator.

on my 17 I was getting errors and swapped the actuator, and still continued to get errors on the water but not in calibration or service mode. 2nd step was to replace that sealed relay module in your 2nd picture 

Was your actuator actually bad then or was the relay the source of the issues?