Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GX tower down cover help

MTSurf

Good morning, can someone help with instructions on how to install the tower down cover on a GX tower with lower clamping racks.  The dealer didn't have the cover when I picked up the boat so they drop shipped it to me and as far as I can tell it will not fit with the racks installed.  I only have the lower racks and they don't swing all the way in when you pivot them to the inside of the boat so they are semi vertical when the tower is lowered.  Probably due to the fact that there's a stop that would keep them from hitting the speakers if they were installed on the upper part of the tower.

If anyone has some pictures showing how to remove the racks or position them so the tower down cover fits I would really appreciate seeing them!  Thanks!!!

Thanks Trungsc156...my racks will not go all the way in.  There's a stop or something that keeps it from pivoting all the way in like yours.  Did you modify yours at all?

I'll have to go back out to storage and look them over again.

No, I didn’t modify my PTM racks. There’s a pin that locks the swivel rack in three different location. I bought those rack and speaker covers from speakersock.com. They give discounts to crew members.

8 hours ago, trungsc156 said:

No, I didn’t modify my PTM racks. There’s a pin that locks the swivel rack in three different location. I bought those rack and speaker covers from speakersock.com. They give discounts to crew members.

Those are sick! How do you go about requesting the discount? I have some speaker covers in my cart but don't see a promo code or discount option during checkout.

Olddognewtricks
19 hours ago, trungsc156 said:

Your lower racks need to be turned all the way in. Then cover can go over them. 

0FF6B426-3BDA-4579-A136-39BB8A7D07E5.jpeg

D1FB9AB9-349E-4025-A1E7-961D116E48AB.jpeg

21FE03A5-68A5-4EAA-B5E1-489C01AB2FDD.jpeg

489C320C-BD0A-42D1-9920-5281BA5E9A29.jpeg

Is that a Malibu cover? Need something to protect the tower. Also, how do you keep the tower in the down position?Is that a Malibu cover? Need something to protect the tower. Also, how do you keep the tower in the down position?

1 hour ago, Olddognewtricks said:

Is that a Malibu cover? Need something to protect the tower. Also, how do you keep the tower in the down position?Is that a Malibu cover? Need something to protect the tower. Also, how do you keep the tower in the down position?

This model is the GX Power Tower...if you have that tower it will stay in whatever position you raise or lower it to.  The cover in the picture is a Malibu cover...Malibu offers both a tower up and a tower down version.

2 hours ago, Olddognewtricks said:

That is the "CS Boat Cover - over folded GX" option. I have it on my M220. 

The GX tower doesn't free float, like older towers do. It stays locked in whatever position it is in. 

Here's a video that shows it better than I can describe it. LOL at the guy forgetting to swivel the captain's seat before folding the tower. 

[

Edited by bigskydoc
2 hours ago, SmoothbrainA22 said:

Those are sick! How do you go about requesting the discount? I have some speaker covers in my cart but don't see a promo code or discount option during checkout.

You call him and tell him you’re a member of the Malibu crew and he’ll give you a discount.

1 hour ago, Olddognewtricks said:

I bought it from malibuparts.com, made by Commercial Sewing. I believe they’re the manufacturer of all factory Malibu covers.

10 hours ago, trungsc156 said:

I have the same setup with the lower clamping racks and mine do not swivel all the way in...they only go to about a 45 degree angle.  The only thing I can think is that they have two versions of the racks - one for the lower position and one for the upper and they mounted an upper set on my lower attachment points.  You can see if the racks were positioned at the upper attachment they would hit the speakers if pivoted all the way in.  

49 minutes ago, trungsc156 said:

I bought it from malibuparts.com, made by Commercial Sewing. I believe they’re the manufacturer of all factory Malibu covers.

I stand corrected.  It looks just like the factory cover on my M220, so you are likely correct that it is the same pattern, fabric, and manufacturer.

In case anybody else has issues with this, there is a stop built in to the racks now.  It's an allen head pin right next to the bolt the rack pivots on that needs to be removed in order for the rack to pivot all the way in.  It is not there in the picture Trungsc159 posted so I'm not sure when it changed.

Thanks for the pictures and the quick response Trung!

• 1 month later...