Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Malibu Response won’t start

381032BD-6ED1-4DC9-B97F-F9F585BEDB07.thumb.jpeg.dd828265809cb2f0484356308a57a48e.jpegA86FB4B2-9553-4A2E-89B0-9873673FCFC9.thumb.jpeg.29cca3eb7d5fce3a10ce3a483b5c21ab.jpeg28C64050-772A-4811-AEC4-43598BE82493.thumb.jpeg.ad1db1d75f2899c232769686d4ebb0a5.jpegI recently had my 2012 Response Txi in the shop for some major repairs. During this time the battery was removed and ignition was replaced (in addition to running gear and several other items). I have run it twice since I got it back over the past month. Today I can’t get it to start and could use some advice. The dash controls come up when I use the touchscreen. However the Ignition key doesn’t seem to do anything. Neither will get the engine to start. Just a click and complete silence. As an aside, I noticed there is a wire that is not attached in the battery compartment. I also only see 3 wires attached to the 4 position ignition switch. Since both the battery and ignition switch were replaced by the shop I wonder it there might be an issue related to these. Im going to try to post some photos. If anyone can help It would be much appreciated!  

Edited by Bradskis
Add photos
formulaben

Remove all those battery connections one at a time and clean thoroughly. Then go to the starter and engine ground wire and repeat. They are quite corroded.

Your voltage is really low. I agree with @formulaben that it’s most likely a loose ground or power connection that is not allowing the battery to be charged.

I bet that if you put a charger on the battery it would start right up.