Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Wakesetter 247 Viper 2 Problems

Last summer my main screen started to freeze up and the only cure was to turn the whole system off for a couple hours.    I think they may have gotten too hot. 

Now my smaller screen is delaminating and last couple outings the buttons all over the screen will start flashing.   I am wondering if many had issues with Main screen.    I have read in the forums many problems with the smaller one and wondering if they may be linked.   Has anyone found a service that will refurb these screens?   The prices are crazy.

Give me my old gauges back!

Any commments or help would be appreciated.

Peter

Hey there,

I figured I'd reply here since I am dealing with a touchscreen issue on the MTC currently as well (2015 23LSV).  I feel your pain.  One thing I wanted to share since it doesn't seem to be well known (when I talked to a Tech at Malibu they had never heard this before), is that the Viper 2 (MTC) actually can work with a USB mouse.  The issue I am having right now is my touchscreen only registers input in a certain part of the screen.  Calling the dealer they wanted $5500 for the part.  I will do some research to see what other options may be available, but in the meantime I am able to use my boat with a $20 wireless USB mouse.  I just plug the receiver into the USB port on the front of the dash, and a cursor then appears on the screen and actually can move to either the main screen or the smaller one.  Just figured I would share this in case it helps!

Good luck!

• Like 2

Does your 7" screen start jumping all over the place with buttons randomly pressing?

When your 7" screen locks up is the 12" locked up too?

Trying to figure out if the 7" is the culprit, hate to have to buy 2 screens!