Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 24 MXZ w/ LT4 - Prop Question

MalibuMatty

Just got my 24 MXZ delivered and it has LT4. 

I am in california with no elevation. Suggestions on prop?

82 gallon tank @ 6.50 a gallon gas me curious what y’all run. 

came with a 3077 

Do you have enough clearance to spin an 18 inch diameter? If so I would think the acme 3311 or OJ 1784 you would be very happy with.  On my M240 I’ve also ran the OJ 1844 18 x 15.5 

Check out https://www.wakemakers.com/propellers/# I have used their prop finder in the past and it usually works out well for a starting point.  You can then tweak the pitch and cup to exactly what you want.  Dfowkes acme 3311 is right there.  Wakemakers would put the 3309 on for low speed performance (must be the new way to say torque prop)  or the 3313 for general performance.  

It all comes down to what you need.  If gas is the concern go with the less aggressive prop.  My understanding with the LT4, especially without elevation, is that the boat doesn't "need" a super aggressive prop and can be more efficient overall with those style props.  We don't have our break in done yet on our T250 with LT4 yet but it has been said that with a general use prop, fully weighted for a surf that the rpms will be in the low 3k range which is 600 less than my old A24 with the 409 and torque prop.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah i was surfing at 12.6mph and 27-2800rpm full weight and 9 people

wave is terrible though compared to my 23 lsv.