Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 26 LSV

MalibuMatty

9 hours ago, Gene3x said:

That Mastercraft CSX-265 has dual engines and is not the best for surfing.  Ask me how I know.

I'll bite.

@Gene3x how do you know that the Mastercraft CSX-265 has dual engines and is not the best for surfing? :) 

1 hour ago, SmoothbrainA22 said:

I'll bite.

@Gene3x how do you know that the Mastercraft CSX-265 has dual engines and is not the best for surfing? :) 

Experience ....  lol  Mine rolls severely to one side or the other which is typically what you want but just does not produce a decent wave. or wake.  They are extremely washy.  I have not loaded the absolute crap out of it but put enough weight in it to say I have really tried.  The hull just isn't the best for it.   If anyone has the magic formula for it please let me know.   I am all ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Got another update from my dealer.   He's claiming that the 26 LSV will have a more pronounced transom walk through similar to the Nautiques, and the wake view bench seating will be able to flip and be conformed into a sort of lounge pad.   He's confused why it wasn't an M260 as well since he's sure it'll end up in the $300,000 range. 

8 minutes ago, FX41 said:

Got another update from my dealer.   He's claiming that the 26 LSV will have a more pronounced transom walk through similar to the Nautiques, and the wake view bench seating will be able to flip and be conformed into a sort of lounge pad.   He's confused why it wasn't an M260 as well since he's sure it'll end up in the $300,000 range. 

given that my msrp was 282 on my 24 i would imagine this breaks 300 easily. 

On 5/14/2022 at 3:51 AM, wdr said:

I can’t wait to see how quickly this topic goes nuts! Good thing we have a disinformation czar now. 😁

I can confirm that this is officially official though. 26’ is officially on the way

On 5/18/2022 at 4:50 AM, The Hulk said:

26lsv is like hey guys just make it a wee bit smaller than MasterCraft 26'5".. 

At this size it's not a real differentiator over the 25.. uhhhh if true I'm somewhat happy but sad it will take a few years to get the 27..

Gotta wait on all the "Game Changers"....26lsv... 26,6"lsv .. then maybe we'll get the 27

Most 25ft tritoons are 27-27'6" length and high end model can easily run "paid"  prices of $200-400k.. outpacing the wakeboat market! Plenty of room for bigger more expensive wake boats.

My immediate thoughts as to why they go 26' is because 26' is the limitation for v-hull boats on a lot of lakes (including mine) Pontoons up to 30'.

I saw the highlight sheet . It is 26.5’ . Has optional dual cooler lockers, lt4 standard , not sure what else . Production was late summer but I might be getting that confused with the other new axis 

I also remember some change to those rear loungers on 25 lsv . I don’t own a 25 lsv but remember the change , so it stuck in my head since I’ve heard a few of you talk about the seats deploying or similar 

15 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

I saw the highlight sheet . It is 26.5’ . Has optional dual cooler lockers, lt4 standard , not sure what else . Production was late summer but I might be getting that confused with the other new axis 

I also remember some change to those rear loungers on 25 lsv . I don’t own a 25 lsv but remember the change , so it stuck in my head since I’ve heard a few of you talk about the seats deploying or similar 

Soooo what else do you know? Any other changes to other Malibu boat models?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hemmy said:

Soooo what else do you know? Any other changes to other Malibu boat models?

Several of the say 22’ models get the 17” prop and bigger fuel tanks but I’m blurring between brands . Oh yeah , axis can get cool touch vinyl . That’s pretty nice 

And I’m pretty sure the 23 order banks are open so all dealers will have this info . I didn’t even ask about any pricing on any models . 

7 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

My immediate thoughts as to why they go 26' is because 26' is the limitation for v-hull boats on a lot of lakes (including mine) Pontoons up to 30'.

Buuuuuuuuu .. at least it's 26 and some change.. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

26'-6" vs. 27'.....come on @The Hulk, tell us, does 6" really matter??

Umm.. I'll have to check with the other half on that one! 😂

Edited by The Hulk
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, IXFE said:

26’ 6” rounds to 27’ 

arriving as a 2023 model 

It wasn’t too long ago that this forum ridiculed @The Hulk for suggesting this was happening. 

Just remember, y’all heard it here first… 

The only two questions I have are:

1) who’s going to apologize first? and,

2) how soon will Hulk put his money where his mouth is?  Order up!! 

I’ll apologize when it’s a 27 LSV and not a 26 😂

On 6/2/2022 at 12:58 PM, Livinlogs said:

Almost like "someone" knew something a while back on a different thread 😜 

Still upset they gave it a lil haircut.. but i suppose they are keeping in line with Centurion, MasterCraft, Pavati, etc.. can't go longer than the competition i suppose..  unless there really is a 26 ft limit in significant markets? Can't imagine so ...

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Unless there really is a 26 ft limit in significant markets? Can't imagine so ...

26ft is a magic cutoff for some boating rules and regulations (no idea why) but i think fire extinguisher and PFD and some other rules change at 26ft. Not sure if that factors in or it's simply to compete with other manufacturers 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, IXFE said:

26’ 6” rounds to 27’ 

arriving as a 2023 model 

It wasn’t too long ago that this forum ridiculed @The Hulk for suggesting this was happening. 

Just remember, y’all heard it here first… 

The only two questions I have are:

1) who’s going to apologize first? and,

2) how soon will Hulk put his money where his mouth is?  Order up!! 

Well i had pulled trigger on a pontoon.. #$*!#$... delivery tomorrow.. 

But 26.5 should be sweet! At Ieast  it'll fit in the boat lift I have as i sized the canopy expecting the 27.. but need to confirm if she'll be under 7500-8k..???. 

If economy doesn't take a poo then i should be game! I think boats as an investment era is coming to an end so the wave better be awesome!!  

3 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

26ft is a magic cutoff for some boating rules and regulations (no idea why) but i think fire extinguisher and PFD and some other rules change at 26ft. Not sure if that factors in or it's simply to compete with other manufacturers 

Yes odd choice other than other competition has a 26.5.. must be some reasoning and perhaps it's as u say.. to me IMO.. it's the same customer at 26.5-27 etc. 

I expect wave to be longer but she may need some weight as that's more displacement for sure.. have to wait and see... I'm due for an upgrade from 2016, but the new 25 just doesn't do it for me for double the price and smaller seating/interior only for a walkthrough...

I'm sure she'll be every bit of 250k out the door. Hopefully they don't M class it with all that gadget crap!

9 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Well i had pulled trigger on a pontoon.. #$*!#$... delivery tomorrow.. 

But 26.5 should be sweet! At Ieast  it'll fit in the boat lift I have as i sized the canopy expecting the 27.. but need to confirm if she'll be under 7500-8k..???. 

If economy doesn't take a poo then i should be game! I think boats as an investment era is coming to an end so the wave better be awesome!!  

The 23 LSV is 5200 dry, 25 LSV is 6175 dry.  I wonder if the 26 would be another 1000?  Is the LT4 much heavier than an M6?

40 minutes ago, Sixer said:

The 23 LSV is 5200 dry, 25 LSV is 6175 dry.  I wonder if the 26 would be another 1000?  Is the LT4 much heavier than an M6?

Sure, it could be another 1,000 pounds over the 25.  Another 1.5 feet of fiberglass top to bottom, probably a bigger tower, bigger platform, etc.

At some point they'll need to go to twin engines, and you guys will complain that they don't sell diesel on your lake.

• Haha 4