Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tuna tower repainted

ThinBuLine

Hello all,

getting my tuna tower sandblasted and repainted. Charcoal grey with metal flake. Should look awesome. 

my question is, when I took the tower off the boat, there were little rubber? Pads underneath the feet to seal it to the gelcoat.

my question is, is there a better material than rubber and is there a place online I can get it?

thanks

picture of the stripped down tower ready to get removed and head to the paint shop. 

5CFB9449-8530-4CB8-B625-497CC209AB3A.jpeg

I also had my tuna tower stripped and powder coated.  Much nicer afterwards!  If your tower is shaky like mine was, I’d recommend having the joint below the pivot point at the front of the tower welded solid.  It made a world of difference on mine.  I put up a thread about it.

I guess that’s on me for not researching because i got a call today from the shop saying it’s done….

What did you do for pads underneath the feet of the tower?

I didn't take the feet off of the hull.  The rubber is cracked around the feet but I haven't taken the time to deal with it yet.