Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

99 response indmar cross reference numbers

I am looking at just doing some PMs on the boat and looking for cross references for the temp sensor, FPR, and Mapp sensor. Is it just 90s chevy pick up parts?

1 hour ago, Mb911 said:

I am looking at just doing some PMs on the boat and looking for cross references for the temp sensor, FPR, and Mapp sensor. Is it just 90s chevy pick up parts?

The temp sensor is basically a resistor under very low load and should never fail.  They do fail sometimes, but I suspect that most of those are just bad connections.  Should be a standard GM part.

Fuel Pressure Regulator is not a standard GM part.

Manifold Air Pressure is standard GM, but also rarely fails.  If you are having trouble with it be sure to clean all connections before replacing.

Change those things if you want to, but I would probably just change the plug wires along with the plugs, cap, and rotor and keep a spare spark module for under the cap.  They work hard and are heat sensitive.  Use plenty of thermal grease if you change yours.

Overheating the engine probably puts the most stress on your parts, so avoiding that is key to longevity.  Changing the impeller before it fails goes a long way toward keeping things cool.

As for PM on a 90's boat, I would suggest the following areas to look at / replace:   rubber fuel lines / exhaust hoses / belts / impeller & check housing for wear, distributor cap & rotor, verify plugs look good and measure resistance of plug wires.  I would also suggest checking engine alignment & verify shaft seal is correctly set / tight / # drips per minute, clean the spark arrestor.  Justgary hit it as those parts rarely fail or need replacing and many are standard GM.