Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 glastron GTS 205 tower speakers

Red313

I'm in need of some audio help.

Before this boat I owned a little dingy I went fishing on, so this is a significant upgrade in all aspects and I'm in over my head with all the features.

My boat is equipped with equipped with a tower and 4 speakers on that said tower.  I can't for the life of my figure out how to turn the darn tower speakers on.  When I turn on the sound system, just the main speakers on the boat turn on, leading me to believe there's a separate way to turn on the tower speakers.  Can anyone give me some direction here on common ways to turn on the tower?  

Included are some pictures to show what I have.  The remote is for turning on the LED lights on the speakers but the battery exploded in the remote.  

https://imgur.com/a/qWKNv0O

https://imgur.com/a/MrmNNPa

Odd are there is an external amplifier that is powering the speakers. You will need to find this amp and test for voltage with a handheld volt/ohm meter. Measure across the main positive and main negative power cables. Should be battery voltage. With the system on, then measure for voltage across the main negative and the small turn-on wire. Should be within a volt of battery voltage. At this point, the amp should be on if there is voltage measured in these two tests. Do you see a power light on the amp? Is it solid, flashing, red or other color? Voltage for the main power cables "should" come from the battery and battery switch, if there is one. There should be some sort of circuit protection on the positive cable close to where it terminates. Voltage for the turn-on comes from the head unit. Some people will run this through a switch so they can turn the amp on/off as desired. Using a switch and where its located is dealers choice. 

This is the basics. Beyond that, it could be a head unit setting, RCA, bad amp, blown speakers or just not connected anymore, amp removed by PO, etc.