Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Screen flickering & distorted.

Finally got my 13 VTX out on the water last night.  It fired right up & ran good,  but my center screen was discolored & flickering & eventually blacked out. Shut down & it came back on but still fuzzy & kind of hard to see. Has anyone experienced this & any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance for your time & assistance. 

Craig

First thing I would do is pop the screen out and check the connections on the back.  Your 2013 is different than my 2012, but on my 2012 the center screen has an RCA cable that every once in a while I need to unplug and replug.  I've tried replacing the cable but the same thing happens a few times a year.

Thank you for responding.  After reading your response & not being in my boat, is it fair to say that I can't access the connection from under the dash?  I actually need to pop screen out while sitting behind the wheel? 

11 minutes ago, Craigr said:

Thank you for responding.  After reading your response & not being in my boat, is it fair to say that I can't access the connection from under the dash?  I actually need to pop screen out while sitting behind the wheel? 

On my boat I cannot, but yours has a different dash layout.