Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter Monsoon 409ss running issues

Have a 2014 Malibu wakesetter 247 lsv with the indmar monsoon 409ss and keep having random no start/stall/and stop running while cruising at speed. 

I just spent quite a bit over the winter with my local dealer and didn’t have good experience with their work so I don’t want to go back. They fixed some throttle communication issues which would cut out while cruising that I was having by replacing the throttle body.

First outing last weekend it ran great for about an hour or two. Shut it off and swam at a buddies lake house for an hour and the boat would turn over, but not start.. it would try and sometimes seem like it’d hit but sputter and die then the screen would fade out and then come back up. After a while of trying I got it to crank and took off towards the boat launch. While on the way back it cut out 3 times with service required warnings, I’d cycle power and start a few times and as soon as it fired I’d take off again. Once was a crank sensor code, the other two times I can’t exactly remember but it was something along the lines of low readings or low values but still readable (I probably really screwed that one up haha)

No stored active or inactive codes in the Malivue. 

One question I did have is If I replaced the crank sensor would I have to have it relearned or is it kinda plug and play?

any help would be really appreciated!