Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do we want to see for 2023 and years to come?

MasonScott

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Boats keep getting bigger…

With increasingly more features that suck battery juice… bigger stereos, power towers, stern thrusters, phone chargers at every cup holder, and finicky screens that need peak voltage or they go whig out…

Yet we’re still powering these boats with the same dual, group 24 battery setup found on a 94 Echelon. 

I wish they’d make the battery compartment big enough to take group 27 or 29 batteries. 

Is Malibu optioning the thruster equipped models with a third battery? I've got 3 on my Tige and have still managed to get low power. 

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

Boats keep getting bigger…

Yet we’re still powering these boats with the same dual, group 24 battery setup found on a 94 Echelon. 

I wish they’d make the battery compartment big enough to take group 27 or 29 batteries. 

Bigger... but ...Malibu's just aren't  getting any longer! 😂

Big batteries.. costs 350k for Paragon 🤣

3 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Is Malibu optioning the thruster equipped models with a third battery? I've got 3 on my Tige and have still managed to get low power. 

Swap for some AGMs.. don't waste crazy money on Optimas just grab some mighty max on Amazon $160-180 for grp 24/27 sizes.. 

AGMs will drain a bit deeper and will recharge quite a bit faster.. 

Lifepo4 are great but horrible at same time.. most Lifepo4 claim to have low temperature charge shut off but almost all do Not.. a guy on YouTube rips every brand apart to tell you.. anyhow most of the grp 24 size Lifepo4 can't work as they have a max 50A discharge..the grp27 100A models "some" can handle 100A discharge many can not.. 

Cycle life thousands of cycles.. "if babied".. otherwise most user's will get 3-5yrs and good luck on warranty they change company name after 1-2yrs or claim you over discharged or charged below 32F and damaged...

Lifepo4 arw just not quite there yet...

On 4/8/2022 at 12:59 PM, COOP said:

Could be. 

I dont think we've sold 3 direct drives in the past two years.

DD boats have become too function specific IMO. My 2001 Response has nicer interior appointments and is more comfortable than a new TXI. If you're on public water, the old DDs are much more family friendly. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, UWSkier said:

DD boats have become too function specific IMO. My 2001 Response has nicer interior appointments and is more comfortable than a new TXI. If you're on public water, the old DDs are much more family friendly. 

No doubt about it.  But, I think there's simply little market available for something like that.

11 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Bigger... but ...Malibu's just aren't  getting any longer! 😂

Big batteries.. costs 350k for Paragon 🤣

2022 m240 is also 350k after the 8% price increase and yes mine has three batteries with the stern thruster 

Edited by RCorsa

A swivel seat that rotates at least 90 degrees on Axis.

Small perpendicular dividers in the very long storage area under the port seating. Even better if adjustable in a couple positions.

Level installed components. My radio and stern stereo controllers are installed crooked.

Taller seat base or adjustable seat riser as an option on Axis.

Life jacket hooks added to PTM racks.

• Like 2
On 4/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Cole2001 said:

Nope, still just two Group 24's in the stern thruster boats.  But they do require an upgrade to the "on / off" battery switch (ironically called battery group 3, despite still being 2 batteries) and a 170a alternator. 

22 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Swap for some AGMs.. don't waste crazy money on Optimas just grab some mighty max on Amazon $160-180 for grp 24/27 sizes.. 

AGMs will drain a bit deeper and will recharge quite a bit faster.. 

grp 27's don't fit... that's the point of my post.  it's time to upgrade the infrastructure of these boats.  surprised they didn't do it on the new 25.  maybe we'll get grp 27's in the new 27 LSV. :fingerwag:

Edited by IXFE
2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

grp 27's don't fit... that's the point of my post.  it's time to upgrade the infrastructure of these boats.  surprised they didn't do it on the new 25.  maybe they will on the new 27. :fingerwag:

Where is it that they put the batteries these days?  You could stick a couple dump truck batteries in the stock location in my vtx if you felt the need .

If it is a height issue, you can mount optimas on their side.

Edited by oldjeep
2 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Where is it that they put the batteries these days?  You could stick a couple dump truck batteries in the stock location in my vtx if you felt the need 

In a compartment under the bow.  Bigger batteries are possible, but it would require some minor surgery, which is not the point of this thread. 

On 4/8/2022 at 1:17 PM, oneramirez said:

I may be missing it, but on the 2021 VLX there doesn't seem to be a designated storage spot for the plexiglass windbreak.  A sleeve incorporated into a sidewall or under a seat pad seems like a very simple add-on it should have.

It should fit under the seats in the front on top of the batteries. They don't do a sleeve anymore as it doesn't fit in this slot without it. It's not the best place, as you have to remove a few cushions but better up front than in the back

On 4/9/2022 at 1:09 AM, The Hulk said:

Option for heated seating.. it's been in cheap cars for decades.. time for quarter million dollar boats! 

they have heated drivers seat. They could step that game up better and do heated passenger. I think they don't as the OB seat base lifts up and off, then the backrest is hinged separately. They'd have to change to the horrible design of MC where the base and back rest flip as one to do passenger. They should find a better way. I also think the heated seat is butt only, should do butt and back

1 hour ago, Suggy said:

they have heated drivers seat. They could step that game up better and do heated passenger. I think they don't as the OB seat base lifts up and off, then the backrest is hinged separately. They'd have to change to the horrible design of MC where the base and back rest flip as one to do passenger. They should find a better way. I also think the heated seat is butt only, should do butt and back

Back rest would be great and easy.. seat base could easily add a connector and some slack if needed not like your fully removing it that often IMO..

Pavati last i saw had option to heat about all seating. But it's salty $$$$

Buddies supra has heated passenger seat even though the whole seat back/bottom flips up I actually prefer that because it gives you a bigger opening to get in and get whatever you are after easier. 

On 4/16/2022 at 2:45 PM, Suggy said:

What?? The MC way is definitely the superior design... ;)

Edited by TolCarMan

I actually don’t mind the entire passenger seat (bottom and back) lifting up. Makes it easy to access storage and both bottom and back are heated. I actually think most brands have went this way now.

Heated seat for the driver only is available.  I would have ordered a heated observer seat if it was available.  FWIW, I agree that the one piece seat design of the MC is valuable.  Tige' even has an option for a heated observer seat and it operates just as the MC seat does, but it's not as well executed as it is in the MC line. 

FWIW, they did finally make the rear facing tilt up seat hinges and locks much better for '22. No more squeezing the pins to release. Now it's lift to one of 3 positions, lift all the way to release. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

FWIW, they did finally make the rear facing tilt up seat hinges and locks much better for '22. No more squeezing the pins to release. Now it's lift to one of 3 positions, lift all the way to release. 

This was a feature on the '21 Axis line that I really liked and was surprised to see it in the '22 Malibu line.  It was a first in a long time where a feature on Axis made it to Malibu instead of the other way.

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I like not squeezing the pins to release the seat but the entire mechanism is a bit flimsy in my opinion.  The previous version is much more beefier, so much that my daughter actually sat on top of that seat before. when it was in the upright position.   However, with the new bracket, I am afraid it will bend/give way with a dude  sitting there and some lake chop.  

I have also had the plastic tab that holds the seat in one of the three positions get stuck and not allow the seat to click into any position.   Since the forward facing seat is now an option you pay for, I am really disappointed with Malibu's implementation of this device.

Edited by GSell14