Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do we want to see for 2023 and years to come?

MasonScott

9 hours ago, Sixer said:

I'm always afraid to post anything about my boat as I don't want to jinx anything.  Zero issues.  2021 '23 LSV. 

Exact same here as well. 

(My dealer puts the first 10 hrs on all new boars to work kinks out.  Best thing ever.  Pessimist on this page say it is for free rides.  Who cares - all kinks are worked out.)

Edited by Five Cent Worth
2 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Exact same here as well. 

(My dealer puts the first 10 hrs on all new boars to work kinks out.  Best thing ever.  Pessimist on this page say it is for free rides.  Who cares - all kinks are worked out.)

Wish more dealers did this. All too often I see them simply using fake-a-lake to “water test” a new (or even recently serviced) boat. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Wish more dealers did this. All too often I see them simply using fake-a-lake to “water test” a new (or even recently serviced) boat. 

We would love to do this for service boats, but most times people dont want to pay for a water test. Its a 2-3hr process for us as we are'nt on the water. And to take one or even two techs out of the shop for what could be half a day can really cut into things.

4 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Exact same here as well. 

We do this on quite a few new boats. Still doesnt get every kink out all the time.

15 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Just remember, those that have issues will always be the loudest, and I don’t blame them. I am not excusing the issues seen from Malibu but know plenty of folks with great experiences.  After working through some kinks my 2019  was a solid performer for 260 hours.  And I expect the same out of my 2022. 

This is a great point.  @IXFEand I have had this conversation before.  It's almost as though these things need a good 10-20 hours to work out all the problems.  I don't think that's acceptable, but I also know it's not unique to Malibu.  I have demoed boats with 1 hour on them that didn't work correctly and the issue didn't pop up until after the dealer water test.  We had lots of kinks in our 2021 but after 20 hours it was flawless. 

Back to the point of the thread, I agree with @Stevoon the jack.  I'd also like to see more interior lighting options that are sensible and not gimicky or overly costly.  I'm in the midst of making up different interior lighting and it woudl be nice to have more options from the factory there. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, COOP said:

We do this on quite a few new boats. Still doesnt get every kink out all the time.

I would be willing to be +80%, though.  Especially the obvious ones.  (but, you would know more than me)

Just now, ahopkinsVTX said:

My wife is requesting molded in cup holders on the swim platform. Can’t really argue with her on this one. :dontknow:

Mine made the same request this weekend.  

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Those are a great idea right up until a surf boat goes by.  :)

Lol well yeah our anchor and swim spots are out of the way though so they are pretty calm. 

2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Lol well yeah our anchor and swim spots are out of the way though so they are pretty calm. 

What doesn't she like about just setting her cup on the platform?  I don't like molded cup holders because the cup never fits.

Then imagine the lawsuit because somebody stubbed his toe in the cup holder and slipped, bumping his head on the transom on the way overboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You guys see that MC now has a swim step?  I assume all brands will eventually have this by some point.  Such a great feature.

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

You guys see that MC now has a swim step?  I assume all brands will eventually have this by some point.  Such a great feature.

i did see that today, looks great, just wish i could get it on an Axis.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, justgary said:

What doesn't she like about just setting her cup on the platform?  I don't like molded cup holders because the cup never fits.

Then imagine the lawsuit because somebody stubbed his toe in the cup holder and slipped, bumping his head on the transom on the way overboard.

Well, with the kid running in and out of the water constantly to jump it would be nice to have designated holder in the corners of the platform closest to the transom would be nice to have a designated spot that is more or less out of the way to entering the boat. It is, without question, a complete nice to have and not a need. But it would be nice, especially when we enter in deep water and not at the sandbar. 

9 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I don't see it on their website.......maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.  Any pics??

14 hours ago, Sixer said:

I don't see it on their website.......maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.  Any pics??

As my wife says...'you are using your man eyes...'  :cheers:

MC SwimStep.JPG

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

As my wife says...'you are using your man eyes...'  :cheers:

MC SwimStep.JPG

The thing I want to see from this image is the SeaDek pad. I would like to see Malibu go back to SeaDek.

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The thing I want to see from this image is the SeaDek pad. I would like to see Malibu go back to SeaDek.

Wont happen. Malibu took manufacturing in house, they wont go back.

I know where the new stuff comes from in China. Are you saying they are making the layered product in house or cutting itin house? Which ever, it's not the same quality as SeaDek.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a bigger boat option.  Chaparral has a ~30 ft surf boat with licensed Surfgate from Malibu.  Maybe a 26' or so?  With the extra length, I don't want more seats, I want a massive "beach" platform area at the stern, with a walk-thru transom.  I don't want the style of the below pic, but more space dedicated to the platform/hang out area on the hook, and room to prep for watersports, with the platform still super-low to the water the way they are now: 

image.thumb.png.3769c120a838eb67457b6fd432ab215c.png

Also, I am not a big surfer (probably in the minority here), and I'd much rather have a crossover style wake.  Can we defeat physic and the laws of hydrodynamics and get a big boat with flat(er) wakes?  Can I get a 26 footer that slaloms like a VTX?  :-) 

One other option I'd like to see is a 2 spd transmission like you see in the new V12 Merc outboards.  Low gear for holeshot/lower speed watersports, high gear for cruise.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I know where the new stuff comes from in China. Are you saying they are making the layered product in house or cutting it in house? Which ever, it's not the same quality as SeaDek.

Correct. 

And I agree, its not the same.

• Like 1